eleven

"My name is Agent Stahl, I'm with the ATF. Mind if I ask you a few questions?" She hands her a business card. Jules looks it over then looks at the woman. "May I come in?"

"Sure." Julianna steps aside, letting her in. "We can sit at the table." She says, shutting the door behind her. Julianna joins her after grabbing her pack of cigarettes and a nearby lighter. She lights up, offering her guest one, she declines.

"The Darling of Charming." She mutters.

"Excuse me?"

"I heard Deputy Hale call you that the other day, the Darling of Charming."

"I've never heard that before." She smiles. "I went to high school with him."

"Ah, and Jackson Teller and Opie Winston." She just looks at her. "What do you know about the Sons of Anarchy?"

"Nothing much."

"Well, tell me what you know." Julianna's silent. "Your brother is a member and your father is a founder." She stubs the butt out into the ashtray before lighting another one. "I know that you're particularly close to Jackson Teller." Her cheeks go pink. "So, what do you know about them?"

"They're just mechanics and motorcycle enthusiasts." She's been through questioning before she left for Fresno. "Are we done here, ma'am?"

"Of course. Sorry to bother you." Agent Stahl stands, pushing in the chair. "Oh, one more thing, I have a Nathaniel Anderson in custody. Thought you could have your sense of peace back." She walks to the front door as Julianna's hair stands on end. "Enjoy your day, Darling of Charming." She closes the door behind her.

Julianna watches the agent drive off before doing anything. Since when is she the Darling of Charming? How did she know about Nate? She calmly calls Jax. "Hey." She says quietly as she goes into the bathroom, who knows who's listening.

"Hey darling, what's up?"

"An ATF agent was here. She was questioning me about the club and you and my family and-"

"Go to the clubhouse, we'll meet you there in ten minutes." He slaps his prepay shut, not even saying goodbye. She huffs, changing out of her sweats and into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt with her sneakers. She hops into her car and heads to the shop.

+++

Julianna sits in the middle of the couch in the clubhouse, bouncing her foot anxiously. Opie sits next to her, Jax on the other side. "So she went to the house and tried to get answers out of you?" Opie asks.

"Yes! She knew about you being my brother and about Pops co-founding the club and she called me the 'darling of charming' and when she was leaving she told me she had Nate in custody then said I had my peace of mind back."

"How did she know about Nate? Did you tell anyone?"

"No!" She's getting frustrated. "I'm not fucking stupid!" Jax puts his hand on her shoulder, she pulls away. "Fuck."

The door to the clubhouse opens, everyone stands quickly before Opie sighs. "Donna, what are you doing here? Are you okay?" Donna shakes her head, her hand over her mouth. "What's up?"

"ATF came to the house today." She whispers. "She told me she paid off some of our debt, asked about the club and you and Jax." She takes a deep shaky breath. "What have you guys done now?"

"Nothing, I swear." Opie holds the sides of her face.  "When did they talk to you? What did she say?"

"This morning. She asked what I know about the club."