Chapter 1: To Survive-Deadly Life Part 3 (Class Trial)

Alright. Before the chapter begins, this is a word for word copy of the class trial with a few lines for (Y/N) mixed in. If you don't want to read the trial, I'll have a marker that shows the end of the trial. Happy reading!

————————

Head to the red doors huh? Alright. As I'm heading to the doors, I run into Toko.

"Hey Toko! Who do you think is the blackened?"

"I-I think it's Makoto." Her too?!?! I point to Leon: "I think red is kinda sus." She gives me a questioning glance, and before I can respond, we reach the doors. I step inside and glance at everyone. Most of them are glaring at Makoto while some are staring at the elevator. Soon we step inside and make our way to the trial room. Before we know it, a deadly class trial has begins.

Trial start!

Monokuma: "Let's begin with a basic explanation of the class trial! So, your votes will determine the results. If you can figure out "whodunnit" then only they will receive punishment. But if you pick the wrong one... then I'll punish everyone *besides* the blackened, and the one that deceived everyone else will graduate!

Makoto: And the killer really is one of us, right?

Monokuma: Of course!

Taka: Okay then...everyone close your eyes, and whoever did it, raise your hand!

Mondo & (Y/N): Don't be a goddamn idiot. Why the hell would they raise their hand?

Kyoko:Before we move on and start the trial, can I ask a question real quick? What's going on with...those pictures?

Monokuma: I'd feel awful if they got left out just because they died. Friendship penetrates even death's barrier!

Hifumi: Friendship...penetrates?

(Y/N): Hifumi! Dude!

Celeste: Okay, but what about that other empty seat? There were only sixteen of us to begin with, so why are there eighteen seats?

Monokuma: Oh, no reason. It's just that out little courtroom here can technically fit up to eighteen people. Okay, that about does it for the preamble. Get ready to get started! First up is the case summary. Now, let the class trial...begin!

Taka: I assert that the one who was murdered was Miss Sayaka Maizono!

Hiro: ...Yeah, we know that part already.

Byakuya: And the murder took place in Makoto's room.

Hina: In the bathroom...

Chihiro: So it seems most likely that... The killer must have taken her by surprise while she was in the bathroom. She didn't even have a chance to resist...

No, that's wrong!

Makoto: Just a second, Chihiro. Try to remember how my room looked...With the way things had been damaged, I think we can definitely assume there was a struggle.

Chihiro: A struggle? Between who...and who?

Makoto: Between Sayaka and the killer, of course.

Chihiro: So you're saying...Sayaka wasn't caught by surprise in the bathroom?

Celeste: She must have been attacked in the main room first, then she ran to the bathroom to try and hide. The killer followed her in, and that's where they finished the job...

Byakuya: That much should have been obvious after taking one look at the scene. It shouldn't even need explaining.

Chihiro: S-Sorry...