Chapter 5: Aja

"Yes yes, have a good day Gorlyle..... Thank you so much..... Oh of course not, I could never..... oh alright. Wow, it's so pretty! You're too kind..... Yes thank you..... Farewell to you too" I say as the young man gives me a jewel from Beetlejuice-9. He bows and leaves the throne room. Finally, my duties are done, and I can walk aimlessly around the palace. Ooh, I know, I'll go talk to Eli. I haven't seen him for a couple of days now.

I walk up to his apartment and knock on the door. I hear his muffled voice yell back:

"Victelia, for the last time! I refuse to marry your disgusting daughter! She ate my shoes and shat on my window sill!!"

Uh.... I definitely missed something. So I yell back,
"Is that how you talk to the queen of Akiridian-5?!"

I hear shuffling, and the door is flung open, revealing a pajamad nerd fumbling to get his glasses on. He smiles an adorable smile and hugs me as tight as he can.

"Your Highness!" He squeals and pulls me inside to his lounge (or living room if you prefer).

"Elijah, you know I hate it when you call me that. I really want you to call me Aja."

"Oh, I know. I'm sorry, it's just hard to call you that when I'm just a humble citizen. I don't think the neighbors would take kindly to your favouritism."

"They'll be fine, do not worry 'the Pepperjack'." I smile at my old nickname for him.

"Are you hungry? I'll put on some tea," he stands and walks to the kitchen. I take this opportunity to look around his apartment. It's small, but homey. Suddenly, I notice a small box in the corner. It has an intricate design of a bird on the lid, and it stands on four stubby wooden legs. It's absolutely beautiful, I wonder what's inside. I shouldn't. But I should... how do the humans put it? 'F**k it' that's the phrase. F**k it, I'm really curious. I saunter over to the box, carefully lift the lid, and...

It's full to the brim with photos of Steve. Steve and Eli at the playground. Steve climbing a rope at the gym. Steve and Eli slaying a gumm gumm. Steve shirtless at the beach. They looked so happy together. They must really miss eachother. Eli hasn't been, all there lately. Even when we were working, he would barely pay attention, always looking out at the sky, and sighing like an Autumn wind all the time. Oh dear, it was a mistake separating them, they were inseparable.

"Hey, how do you like your-   Oh," Eli walks in to find me looking through his photos.