Chapter 6: Eli

I put on the kettle and wait for it to boil. As I wait, my mind inevitably goes to Steve. I think of his smile, his arms wrapping around me, holding me close. And those eyes. Dear Lord those eyes. Deep brown, filled with energy, but so sweet and comforting.

The kettle finishes boiling and I pour the water into two mugs. I walk back into the lounge.
"Hey, how do you like your-    oh," I see her looking at my photos. She glances up at me sheepishly.

"You miss him. Don't you?" She asks me. Of course I do. We're the creepslayerz. How could I not?

"Yeah, but so do you."

"Yes I do, but we correspond occasionally, you haven't talked to him for ages. Is everything alright?" She looks concerned. She is right to be.

"...." I don't know what to say.

"Elijah?"

"H-how would you react if I said I'm frightened of talking to him?"

"Elijah that's ok, everyone gets scared sometimes", she tries to comfort me.

"I just, I just need to be alone for a while."

She looks surprised for a moment, then concedes.
"Very well. Have a good afternoon Elijah Pepperjack."

She walks out the door, and I'm left to my thoughts. I really do miss him. I picture him wrapping his big arms around me, swaying me back and forth, comforting me. I picture him holding my chin close to his face, I stare into his deep brown eyes, he pulls me closer and....

Oh f**k. I'm gay.

-----------
Thankyou so much for your patience, I'm so sorry i haven't updated in a while, but the story is far from finished! I unfortunately have limited time to work on this, and I'm really busy with other stuff, but I'm still chugging along! I'm not sure when the next chapter will be out, but I'll try and make it soon! Thanks for all your support! ♡♡♡