Chapter eight

SIMON'S POV
As we soar over the lions gate bridge, I think to myself where we're going. A place where the Demons wouldn't find us yes, but what will Emily and Maia think of this place. I guess we'll have to find out.

EMILY'S POV
The wind was howling in my ears, like it was screaming at me to leave as I push through it. The fog was so thick I couldn't see 10 feet ahead of me. Hail scratched my face, making it go red. Maia and Simon are beside me looking fine with the conditions. Maia has the fire element so she could keep herself warm, I could even see the light glow radiating from her. As for Simon he has the ice element so he was fine and even more powerful if anything. Envy for them was growing stronger within me. Maia was the strongest of the three of us with her fire balls. Simon was runner up only because ice was weak to fire and it overall was one of the weaker elements altogether. But as for me water was the weakest element and only my mom was magic not my dad so my powers are so weak anyways. I only found out I had powers three years ago in grade six when Maia told me. Maia was another story but as for me I never got training on how to defend myself because I grew up in the mortal world. Of course Maia had helped me develop my powers a little but still. When I did that beam of water at that Demon Vielle it felt good. I think I tapped into my inner strength. But I'm still weak and always rely on Maia and Simon to save, help and protect me, because that's how pathetic I am.