71-75

Chapter 71 She Is Still Laughing
“The competition between Su Li and Lecturer Cui has disrupted the school’s environment. Now Su Li and Lecturer Cui are ordered to go home to introspect and wait for the results.”

Just going home to introspect!

Mei Ruohan and Guo felt relieved at the same time and said, “It seems that the headmaster is still a bit sturdy. Otherwise, based on the character of the Yang Family, you must be driven out!”

After Su Li read it, the manservant immediately said, “The headmaster ordered that in order to prevent the Yang Family from troubling you, he had arranged a carriage to escort you home tonight.”

Su Li gently nodded and said with a smile, “The headmaster is really nice. I feel so grateful.”

The manservant’s cheeks were red and he scratched his head. Miss Su was so beautiful when she smiled… Unfortunately, such a beautiful and talented girl was hated by a villain.

That night, Su Li said goodbye to Mei Ruohan and Guo and left with the Dictionary of Dahan.

It was so dark and the carriage walked slowly. Until the morning, Su Li returned to the Baiwei Building. Mammy Li was cleaning the room for the miss. Although the miss was not here, she would feel uncomfortable without cleaning it.

Suddenly, Mammy Li heard the familiar footsteps behind her. She looked back with surprise and saw the miss. She immediately put down the broom and said with surprise, “Miss, why do you come back so soon? How about the Muyang Girls’ School? Miss, have you been wronged? How about taking me with you next time?”

Su Li was able neither to cry nor to laugh because of Mammy Li’s questions. She passed by Mammy Li and then sat down and offered herself a cup of tea. She said, “Mammy Li, I will not go to the school temporarily. If you want to go, you can ask Zipei.”

Mammy Li’s expression slightly changed and she said nervously, “What happened? I remember that when you left, you said that in Muyang Girls’ School the study would be very hard at beginning and if you had time, you would visit the Baiwei Building later. Why do you come back after only three or four days?

Su Li shook her head in silence. What happened was complicated. How could it be clear with a few words?

Soon, the message that Su Li had come back was known by all members of the Baiwei Building. Although nobody learned the reason why Su Li came back so fast, they were very happy. The Baiwei Building without Su Li had no backbone. Although it could work normally, people felt a little uncomfortable.

“Miss, I have something to tell you.”

When Su Li was about to deal with the orders of precious Beggars’ Chicken, He Shi come out hesitantly. He had a guilty look.

Su Li was a little puzzled but said nothing. She went to the balcony in the attic which was empty.

Seeing Su Li’s figure from the back, He Shi sighed deeply and plodded up. Su Li heard a “plop” sound behind her before she responded.

She turned back in astonishment and found that He Shi was kneeling down in front of her!

“Miss, I am sorry!”

A little bit of tears flashed in He Shi’s eyes. He sighed, “The Su Family found that I could cook the precious Beggars’ Chicken. They asked me to be responsible for cooking it and gave me extra ten taels a month.”

Su Li blankly looked at He Shi and asked, “So you promised her. Right?”

He Shi had a slight stagnation in breath and said with difficulty, “I really don’t want to promise her. But… I have my wife and children to raise. They rely on me to survive. The Old Lady of the Su Family said that if I didn’t agree… she would report me to the official for stealing the recipe of the Su Family and put me into the prison! How can I dare to fight with the Su Family!”