76-80

Chapter 76 The Satrap’ Edict
When the adviser was in panic, a golden scroll flew from the sky and hit on his face by chance!

“Ouch! Who beat me?”

He grabbed the scroll furiously and stared at it dully in a sudden. His hands couldn’t help but shake as if he held a hot potato.

This was… the satrap’s edict of the Qinghe Province!!

The satrap who governed a province of the Dahan Country was a real provincial magnate. He controlled many people’s fates. The difference between Li Shanbao and the satrap were like the difference between stars and the moon. They were not on the same level.

A little adviser like him was more like an ant in front of the satrap. But today he even got the edict of the satrap!

The adviser was so excited that he forgot Su Li was beside him. Then he looked up.

More than 20 people who looked cold came to him. They seemed capable and vigorous from their sharp eyes.

They rode precious horses which could run thousands of miles a day. Their gorgeous and extraordinary clothes glittered with gold. The golden patterns on their chests showed that they were all elite soldiers governed directly by Provincial Office of Qinghe Province.

The leader was a woman in a cyan cloak. Her face was pale obviously due to the travel of a long way. Su Li saw the woman with her eyebrows raised a little. But she didn’t say anything.

The woman in cyan glimpsed at Su Li and the two soldiers beside her who held the cangue. She suddenly looked seriously and then shouted with a snort, “Control all the officers and soldiers!”

The elite soldiers got down from the horses and quickly controlled the adviser, other officers and soldiers who dared not resist.

“Lord, there must be some misunderstanding!”

The adviser was held by two elite soldiers from the right and left. He trembled with fear.

“Lord!”

At the moment, Li Shanbao in an official uniform ran in panic and stooped to give a salute to the woman, “You came from afar, but I didn’t get the news in time. So, I could not welcome you early. It’s all my fault!!”

“Lord Li, don’t speak like that.” The woman in cyan looked at Li Shanbao and said with a faint smile on her face, “I am not an official in the court, so you don’t have to give a salute to me. I come here only to give an edict for the satrap.”

Li Shanbao was so scared that he perspired cold sweat heavily. He said in a low voice, “The edict of the satrap?!”

Did they know that he was corrupted for many years?

The woman in cyan nodded to the elite soldiers who held the adviser. One of the soldiers immediately took the golden scroll from the hand of the adviser, unfolded it and read,

“It’s heard that there is a girl named Su Li in the Dasu Town! She is talented and learned at only 15 years old. No one can compete with her in knowledge. She knows the true meaning of the Dictionary of Dahan, which made the headmaster of the Muyang School acknowledge the superiority of her!”

“After three days of enrollment, she got the admiration of the senior embroidery artificer by her embroidery skills. She is really a genius!”

“I am glad to hear that and cannot let her live in oblivion in Dasu Town! I hereby make an exception. Su Li, the second daughter of the Su Family in the Dasu Town, is appointed to be an honorary lecturer of the Qinghe Girls’ School. I hope that she can continue to work hard and live up to her talents!”