10. Dojo

{1984}

"This has got to be our worst idea yet

"This has got to be our worst idea yet." Stepping into the Cobra Kai dojo with Daniel felt as if we were stepping onto enemy territory. Walking onto a battlefield we will never return from.

"I have to do something Nance. I can't just let him walk all over me forever. I have to defend myself. And if they're actually the best, then maybe watching them won't hurt." We just have to stay out of the line of vision of Johnny is what he meant to say. But I'll let it slide, considering we're already in here, crouched down like a couple of ninja's ready to attack.

"You know he's not dating Ali anymore. And she doesn't want him back. There's no need for all this mess. I whooped his ass. I'll do it again. Besides, we have each other Danny. We can learn together." Sure, I have practiced martial arts since I was little. But you can never practice enough. Especially to survive in a world such as the Valley.

"I know. I do. But still. This is personal. I can't let this goon keep at me like this." I rolled my eyes with a huff from the macho attitude all these guys around me seem to have, noticing Justin within the crowd of guys lined up in perfect order while screaming back to their sensei on the code of the Dojo. And then the golden locks I practically see in my sleep. Johnny Lawrence himself.

"You know, their sensei is insane. He's brutal." Daniel looked to me in agreement honestly, hearing the phrase of this dojo ring through our minds. Strike First. Strike Hard. No Mercy. Not what I learned at all. And not what I intend to go by anytime soon.

"Just see what you have to see and then let's get out of here. Our moms are waiting on us anyway." Of course the restaurant, The Orient Express his Ma works at is right next door to Cobra Kai. And exactly why our parents met up at the restaurant to eat, waiting for Justin to get done with the hellish instruction they're learning in here. Little surprise, but Bob's proposal came at a time that I was not expecting. They went out for dinner at a fancy establishment, he put the ring in her drink and well, that's how it went down. Being engaged and letting the new life she's found herself in take over the old. Now let's hope she doesn't replace me for this new tyrant of a kid Bob has.

"It's insane how tough they all look." I noticed all of Johnny's friends within the lines, feeling surrounded without really being exactly that. I knew I could never escape them at this point.

"Mr. Lawrence! Warm them up." My eyes widened the moment Johnny's name rang out around us, lowering even further besides Daniel to not be seen. Which was completely unsuccessful, because the minute they all bowed, his eyes trained right on us with a little satisfied smirk of knowing on his devilish face, his eyes lingering on me longer than they probably should have, because his sensei immediately looked my way. So much for not being seen.