Protocol Pot Plant

Friday walked into the office early and went to her office with tea, coffee was overrated, and she closed the door. She then pulled a key from inside her book and inserted it into the pot plant. She twisted it and heard that satisfying click of something opening and walked through the bookshelf and closed the door sharply.

Friday looked up at her wall of alphabetically organised folders. She walked over to M and pulled out previous papers filed about Melanie. Melanie wasn't normally suspicious, but when she didn't get more than 13 hours of sleep every day something was obviously wrong. Friday gathered pictures of Melanie going out and the 5 different angles of the book shop. and stuck them on the wall. The next thing she needed to do was check out the book shop run by Grace.

As Friday was looking around she found no security cameras. These days every place was getting robbed so why have no security cameras? Any was Friday continued her search and found literally nothing. Again.

Grace: Looking for something?

Friday: Nothing in Particular

Grace: You know, you're the only customer that's come two days in a row.

Friday: Is that so?

Grace: Well yes, because there is nothing here, this bookshop has nothing that could possibly interest someone.

Grace: Look, tell me what you're looking for and maybe I can help you find it.

Friday: I'm just browsing.

Grace: Of course you are darling, of course, you are.

Friday unsatisfied, walked out of the bookshop with nothing but a little dusty book with a deep green colour. She had liked the look of the book and taken it. There was no particular reason, she just needed to read up on the art of seeing through lies. 

That night Friday didn't follow Melanie, instead, she stayed up reading the book she got from the shop, she'd put it back eventually. She finished at 3 am. She then went into Melanie's room and rifled through her possessions, while yes it was an invasion of privacy Friday had to do it in order to find some evidence. Friday opened draw after draw and fumbled through random beauty products until she dropped one and it banged against the floor with a sharp clang. Friday froze and hoped for her sake that Ian didn't hear and wake up.

As soon as Friday thought she was safe she heard the door creep open and sure enough there was Ian in the doorway. Friday didn't even need to ask if he was confused, it was written all over his face. So Friday took Ian by the hand and lead him to their room where Friday sat down on the bed.

Friday: Don't be alarmed but I don't think we can trust Melanie anymore