Chapter 5: Sisters of Fate

Battles were raging all over Vertash. The Slybourne Mages as well as The Lotharian Forces had their own main battle before Ereldra and Nimruil. A sea of blood, broken bones, and petrified corpses caused by magick and Magica alike used by both forces. The mages were being pushed back ever so slowly. As each corpse was stepped over and inhumanely mutilated, Ereldra picked her fresh souls like apples from a tree. Nimruil surveyed the warriors, grinning over to his master as he watched the amulet grow more and more vibrant with each passing body.

    "I must say Ereldra, I haven't seen you this gleeful since the first time we stormed Castle Cloveshire." he stroked his chin in curiosity.
    "Well, I am in a joyous mood if I must say so myself. Not every day I get to rightfully take back what used to belong to us. Besides, I have all my most loyal and trusted warriors by my side to secure our victory." she glanced down at her stored volumes of souls. The growth was exponential. "I know none of you would let me down."
    "What about Velrissa and Author? Surely, they could with a power boost." Nimruil suggested as he slowly raised his free hand filled with red fire that howled like damned souls.

    "There will be a time, maybe for Author. He has a certain trait about him I might wanna rid myself of. Anyway, we are making excellent progress. Continue the survey."

Nimruil nodded and watched as the clash in them continued to move at its normal pace. Far away, Ereldra could hear and feel the intensity of the battle between Zenna and Tessele. She grinned at the direction of the fight.

    "She will do exactly what needs to be done."

                                                                                                                                                                      *****

In their battle, it seemed to almost reach a stalemate. Tessele managed to thwart any underhanded tricks that Zenna had up her sleeves. In her eyes though, Zenna was simply sizing up the archmage. They stood a good distance from each other. Several craters marked where devastating blows landed. Small and dimly lit sparks floated in the air where magick had left its searing intensity in the air. Many of the sparks were symbols that they were going all out right from the very start. Tessele was silent and focused with small fits of rage clouding her vision while Zenna stood as patient and inanimate as a statue. Tessele couldn't put her finger on it, but something about her felt inhuman. They continued their quiet stare-down before she took a step forward and snapped into a full sprint, spinning with a follow-through overhead attack at Zenna. The mysterious, yet powerful woman never moved. Instead, she took the attack head-on and let the enhanced blade of the archmage's magick split her right down the middle. It was almost seamless, one solid slice and she fell in two. Shortly after, the split sides of the corpse turned into a black and thick liquefied mess that coated the ground in oily puddles. Tessele hopped back.

    "What is this stuff?" she continued to eye the puddles with disgust before they seemed to twitch and come to life. The puddles manifested into sharp tendrils with barbs on each end. They aimed at Tessele and raced towards her body. Taking several leaps back, she began slicing the tendrils down one by one until they returned to their liquefied state.
    "Tessele! You're alright?" Malanie rushed over along with Colton and Elizar. Each of them witnessed, even if only a little, of what Tessele was dealing with.
    "Yes, I am fine. But it seems she managed to escape my sights for now, Whatever her power comes from, it definitely isn't from around here." Tessele speculated. "Malanie, I need you here with me. We're taking her right here and now."
    "Okay, but how do we fight her? Everything I see you throw at her gets nullified." Malanie said.
    "We figure her out as we fight. We hold her here and don't let her out of our sight." Malanie explained. "You two, go find Lina and Nakiasha. They should have some troubles of their own that I'm sure they could use help with."