Chapter 7: Release The Beast

Nakiasha was in a dark alley, looking around with a focused eye. Her heart was still racing at the moment before she heard the sound of metal on metal. Her ears caught the echo clearly through a small hole in the alleyway wall. She made her way into that opening and landed on her feet. Going forward, she saw Mathias and Velrissa locked in a stalemate. She was shocked to find two things in one scene. The first is a succubus, one of the most powerful Demons. The second thing that shocked her was the fact a human was holding his own against her. Snapping out of her stupor, she pulled back, a green magick bow cast between her fingers, and shot a barrage of arrows into the back of Velrissa. The demoness arched her back and gasped in pain before falling to her knees. Mathias backed up and gazed up at Nakiasha. He ran over to her and stood by her side, looking back at Velrissa who slowly began to stand as the arrows slowly dissipated from her back. 

    "Thanks for the save. Who are you?" Mathias asked, still gripping his poleaxe.

    "My name is Nakiasha, one of the mages in the Slyborne House. We were sent out to contain this problem." the elf responded, keeping her bow at the ready.
    "You call this containing? Hundreds are having green orbs ripped out of-"
    "Souls." Velrissa finally spoke as she turned around. "We are harvesting souls to raise more of my kind to come into this world, restoring it to the rightful rulers of the Tieflings. So far, you mages haven't been containing as much as you have been supplying."
    "We will stop all of you and keep those who we evacuated safe." Nakiasha responded, amplifying her arrow and firing an eagle-screaming shot at Velrissa.

The succubus dodged the attack and ran straight at the duo. Mathias pushed forward, going in to meet her. Nakiasha held a confident grin as the missed shot turned around and tracked Velrissa right before she met up with Mathias. The arrow struck the ground with an ear-piercing shriek that scrambled Velrissa's senses. She stopped running and clutched at her head as the shrieking continued on in her head.

    "Ahhhhhh shit!!!! Make it STOP!" she fell to her knees, letting go of her weapon.
    "Now Mathias, attack her!" Nakiasha watched as the strong man kicked the demon up from where she was kneeling. He then took the axe part of his weapon and drove it right into her stomach slamming her into a wall, watching her bounce off it stunned.
    "The roof!" he yelled to the elf. Nakiasha looked up to see multiple cracks in the ceiling. She aimed up with her bow and fired several arrows in between the cracks, opening them up and watching as the debris fell on top of Velrissa. Mathias walked back over to Nakiasha together, they watched what the both of them had accomplished. "That was good teamwork. Do others need our help topside?"

    "Yes, let's make haste."

The two of them took off, hearing and feeling rumbling going on above them as they made their way out of the alleyway. Underneath the ruble, Velrissa was fuming with rage and anger that two lower-tier fighters she saw underneath her managed to render her immobile even if for a little while. She blasted the ruble off of herself and dusted the dirt off.

    "Alright then, they want to get rough. I'll be sure to strip the flesh from their bones and pull out each artery one by fucking one!" calmly walking out of the underground area, Velrissa regained her composure and went above ground to find the two who bested her.

                                                                                                                                                                        *****

Back at the house, Astra, her sister Dyana, and Harfen were in a meeting with The Council. Harfen was introduced by Astra and gave his theory to the astral projections around them. They all talked in silence for a moment before facing back to the three.