Eight - Fast A Regrest

After spending our day at the skate park being closely watched by Amber, we decided to stop by McDonalds and grab a snack. Ag was distant for the only reason Amber was sticking to me, I didn't like it, but I couldn't just get rid of her since everyone thought we were just friends.

"My past was tormenting me and I planned to pretend not as much as I could."

We chose a large table in the right corner of the cafeteria and ordered our food. Bruna, Amber and Anna talked animatedly and suddenly I missed someone supporting me. I mean, I know I haven't lost my best friend, but it's hard to choose sides when your cousin says one thing and your best friend says something else entirely.

As I rambled and ate my fries my eyes stopped on Avery.
"It's all right?"
The green-eyed brunette whispered worriedly, Soph was distracted talking about something with Kasper. I shook my head discreetly, saying no.

- Huh, Brooke, will you help me find my new ring? I think I dropped it off.

I raised an eyebrow asking what the hell she meant by that, I quickly realized that Avery wanted to leave and I stood up nodding.

- Look, I don't know what's going on between you and Amber, but it's pretty obvious.

I sighed sitting on the curb and watched the cafeteria behind us, I had a lot of amazing friends who cared about me and didn't judge me. I never cared about such a thing, but I couldn't lose everything. I couldn't let them all know.

Sitting on that sidewalk for just over ten minutes, I summarized my toxic relationship with Amber and omitted the drugs part. Even so I told her how she became April and how we parted, I would tell Avery the whole truth, she had the same personality as me and I knew I could trust her, but before I needed to see someone else.

Avery listened carefully and after a long pause she stood up, dusted off her jeans and gave me a hand to get up. I was surprised when I received an unexpected hug, but even so I responded and after a long time hugged, I separated just to say:

- Don't tell them Avy...

- I will not tell, before Soph I went through a similar relationship and I understand you, we are friends and I am here anytime.

We walked a few steps and before entering Avery turned again.

- Don't get confused and don't get lost in it, it's not love and when you find out who really loves you, make it your home.

- Thanks. - I whispered back

We walked in, Kasper and Soph made some joke to get attention and I laughed. I finally belonged somewhere and fuck it, I wasn't missing it.

After eating we split up, Bruna would go to my house and I would hitch a ride with her, if Ag wasn't standing in front of me at this very moment offering me a ride.

I decided to accept since she was alone in her car and we were basically going to the same place. We got in and she started driving, a few moments later she put on a song and casually laid her hand on my thigh. I don't think she noticed, something I can say after meeting Ag a little bit was that she had a very peculiar personality.
For example, she is easily distracted. In the classes we had together it was quite common for me to catch her looking at me or the window without realizing it, or her almost childlike personality. It would be annoying if she weren't so cute.

The atmosphere inside was friendly and we didn't even realize that we spent the whole trip singing some random pop that played on the radio, we were laughing a lot when we stopped in front of my house. Ag and I looked at each other for a second when I rolled my eyes and stole a long kiss that she immediately reciprocated, she ran her tongue over my lips asking for passage and I gave in, in a few seconds the kiss became deep and I moved away gently, only then did i realize that the kiss became filthy.