Chapter 6

Later that night~

Kali and the twins came downstairs in their pjs, turning on the light just as their father came into the room catching them. 

"Hey, are you three still awake?" Walter asked, coming over towards his children. "Now you guys know Santa won't come until you're all asleep in bed"

"We know," Kali told her father. "We're just to excited to sleep"

"Can we stay up with Barney just a little bit longer? Please" Ann begged. 

"Oh... Okay" Walter said to his kids, then asked them. "And where is Barney?" 

"He just stepped outside to see if he could see Santa's sleigh yet" Brock replied. 

"Oh, did he?" Walter looked to his three children then smiled at them. "Okay"

Walter then left the room just as Barney came back inside the house, shivering. 

"Brrr. It's cold out there!" The purple dinosaur closed the door behind him. 

"That just makes it extra cozy in here" Kali told Barney, coming over to sit on the couch. 

"Yeah" The twins agreed, joining their sister. 

All three Harpercop siblings sat on the couch together just as their eyes were beginning to droop. 

"Oh, I think somebody's getting sleepy" Barney said to them. 

"No we're not!" Kali said, suddenly sitting up on the couch. 

"Yeah, we're not sleepy!" The twins added, before Ann admitted. "...Well, maybe just a little bit" 

"Well that's good" Barney told the Harpercop siblings. "After all, Santa may be up in the sky right now just flying in circles until you fall asleep" 

"Having Santa coming to visit our house is going to be so great" Kali smiled. 

"I can't wait!" Brock jumped excitedly a bit on the couch. 

"Barney, tell us what it's like when Santa comes?" Ann asked the big purple dinosaur. 

"Oh, it's a wonderful thing" Barney smiled as he soon began singing. 

"Up on the housetop, reindeer paws. Out jumps good old Santa Claus! Down through the chimney with lots of toys, all for the little one's Christmas joys~" 

"Ho-ho-ho! Who wouldn't go? Ho-ho-ho! Who wouldn't go up on the housetop, click-click-click! Down through the chimney with good Saint Nick~" Barney and the Harpercop siblings sang together. 

"First comes the stocking of little Nell. Oh dear Santa, fill it well~" Kali sang. 

"Give her a dolly that laughs and cries. One that will open and shut her eyes~" Ann then sang. 

"Ho-ho-ho! Who wouldn't go? Ho-ho-ho! Who wouldn't go up on the housetop, click-click-click! Down through the chimney with good Saint Nick~" 

"Next comes the stocking of little Will. Oh, just see what a glorious fill!~" Barney sang. 

"Here is a hammer with lots of tacks, also a ball and a whip that cracks~" Brock sang. 

"Ho-ho-ho! Who wouldn't go? Ho-ho-ho! Who wouldn't go up on the housetop, click-click-click! Down through the chimney with good... Saint... Nick!~"

After singing the song, Kali and the twins sat back on the couch, all letting out big yawns showing that they were really tired now. 

"Oh, now I know you're all getting sleeping" Barney said to the Harpercop siblings. 

"Yeah, I think so too" Kali admitted. 

"I'm not surprised," Barney told the kids. "We've done so many fun things today" 

"And just wait until tomorrow!" Brock said excitedly. "We'll have more fun, and gifts, and goodies, and everything!" 

"I think this has been the best Christmas ever" Ann then said as she and Brock both came up to hug Barney. 

That's when...

"Oh, no!" Kali suddenly frowned. 

"What's the matter Kali?" Barney asked the adventure girl. 

"Barney, I forgot to get a gift for you" Kali frowned to her purple dinosaur friend, feeling bad. 

Barney however smiled to her. "Oh, you've already given me the best gift I could ever ask for"

"What's that, Barney?" The twins asked the purple dinosaur. 

"I got to share the day with the people I love" Barney said. 

The three Harpercop siblings all smiled to their big purple friend as they settled in on the couch while singing 'I Love You'. Kali and the twins soon fell asleep on the couch together while Barney tucked them in and continued singing to them. 

"I love you, you love me. We're best friends like friends should be. With a great big hug and a kiss from me to you. Won't you say you love me too~" 

"Merry Christmas" Barney told the Harpercop siblings. 

"Merry Christmas, Barney" Kali and the twins all smiled in their sleep. 

Jane and Walter soon came back in the living room, finding their kids asleep on the couch and took them up to bed. A little while later, a magical aurora seemed to come through the fireplace and suddenly a toy bag was dropped down into it as a familiar jolly laugh was heard calling. "Ho, ho, ho!" 

Barney appeared to be back in the window in his plush form as snow was gently falling from outside on this wonderful Christmas Day. 

THE END