Chapter One - Terra, the land of wood elf

The foretold might not be true
Or maybe the meaning is unclear
Unable to understand
Is not weakness
Sometimes it becomes a power

Because in much knowledge
There is sorrow
But an infant
Knows no meaning of tears
And no reason to laugh

--------------------------------------------------------

"Aleph, catch this!" He catches the wooden ball and passes it on to Furakh. As Furakh the best elf to play wooden football Furakh flies to the end of the island while holding the ball in his wings. Other elves try to disrupt and smash him to take him down but the pass Aleph did was one of a kind, he rarely miss a pass. Furakh flies fast and he passes through the last tree.

"Woooho, we did it! Furakh might become the next arch elf if he comes from the queen's womb" Leftra have some point there. Furakh is the elf with the most achievement in the Terra. Alongside Aleph, they both are aces of the next wood elf generation.

"If it's not because of wingless Aleph, Furakh won't be so achieving" The other elf may favor Aleph but it is true. Aleph can be considered a disabled elf. He doesn't have wings, no pointy ear, and no magical spell he can learn as he can't gain the mana from the tree. Unusual for an elf but he is Queen Agafha's son. No one can mess up with him.

"Good catch Furakh!" Aleph said.

"Well great pass right there Aleph, you are the ace of Terra" Furakh giving back compliment to Aleph.

"Might be true. if he has wings, he can beat you at scoring Furakh. Hahaha." Darrenth try to be funny. All other elf laughs, but they know it's a bad joke. Suddenly the elf high troops come, those who serve the arch and the chamber.

"Prince Aleph please come to the chamber, the queen is summoning you to the banquet." Aleph knows there will be a problem when he gets back as the royal is expected to behave and stay at the chamber if not for royal duties. But Aleph is such a free-soul. He loves to play around and making friends. He loves to sing. Not like many elves which rather hone their magic skills, Aleph knows none about spells. Aleph weirdly doesn't have the power to absorb mana from trees.

Fiction-facts: Mana is a magical element that is used to do the magic spell. Mana is absorbed from the trees as trees are original creatures that empower Terra. It makes elf live longer, stay young, and gives it magical power. Elf sleeps inside the tree while also meditate to absorb the Mana inside the tree. The eldest may hold more mana in their body, in return, they can do more powerful spells and create more powerful creatures. Achreva, the arch of elf is the oldest and most powerful elf known, and that makes him the arch of Terra territory.

"Lady Agafha, Aleph is entering the room." Said the elf guardian. Lady Agafha is one of the Arch Brides. No wonder Aleph got a very strict and little room to move, it's all about the power play. With twelve Arch Brides and more than a hundred son and daughter, the way to be the next heir is hard and competitive.

"Mother, what can I do for you?" Aleph's soft voice can be heard across the room. He is trying to calm the heart of a mother. He knows that what he had done might anger her.

"Haven't I told you that Terra is not your playground!" A scold by a lady. Lady Agafha is a yellow-haired elf with a tall figure. Her eyes are blue like crystals, no doubt she can even tamed the heart of an Arch. using the white dress as every elf taught to. As white is the actual fashion of the wood elf. They are really into white things. They are drawn to light and anything that sparks, like almost an obsession. But white doesn't mean soft or holy. Most of them are into power and fame. Magic and Mana are for all but the higher-ups get an exclusively enormous amount of it.

"But if I play with Furakh, I may learn how to fly or how to use magic from him" An excuse to justify his fun time.

"No! You will never learn that.. you just can't Aleph" Queen Agafha discouraging words might be true. The queen starts to cry. The sadness of being left out by the Arch and become the most uncherished queen is too painful for her. After the born of Aleph, the Arch never touches her anymore. Maybe the Arch doesn't want any disable child to born again. A disabled child was considered a curse back in the day.

"It's okay mother, I will join the Call of the Forest and prove them wrong. The Arch will see you once again." Aleph reassures his mother that he going to win the centurion competition that is held every thousand years. The Call of the Forest is a test to chose one greatest wood elf to absorb mana from Yggdrasil. It was said that a day of meditation inside Yggdrasil equal to thousand of years meditating at ordinary trees. And it means a way to becoming the next Arch. Only royal-blood allowed to join the festival and one most talented commoners chosen to join the competition. The competition will be held when the star on the west is set to be the brightest. And it would occur within a week.

A week has passed and the star begins to appear. The star of the west shone at its brightest. Troops of high elf sound the flute that alarm the beginning of Call of the Forest. Aleph heard the sound of the flute and immediately wake up from his bed. It was late at night. He ran and climb to the highest tree to look at where the other chosen elf assembled. From the distance, he saw Rohak, the commander of the high elf troops, the second strongest after Arch Achreva below the vine trees. Aleph rushing jumping here and there to get to the vine trees.

"You will face the greatest trial of your lifetime. Non that you will face afterward. Only the strongest may find Yggdrasil. You will need everything you have learned, every help you can get, and every courage you have gathered. After you get into Yggdrasil, the only thing you have to say is BLESS ME WITH MANA TO EMPOWER TERRA. You aren't allowed to say more or less than that. When the star of the west shines right above the vine tree a portal to the otherworld will open. And may your life still intact with you when you come back. And for the last word, for the glory of Terra may your heart lead you to glory. Embark, warrior!" After the long speech, the light of the star shine through the branches of the vines and create a water-like spot on the grass where they stand. And suddenly they absorbed into the land. The scream of all elf can be all around Terra. And the Call of the Forest begins.