Chapter Four - Power of A Name

One's destiny written before it's born
One's future decided in the past
Letters of written destiny
And poems of foretold future
Aren't meant to dictate the present

If self know what it's becoming
If self know what it's can do
What will self resolve in the now?

-------------------------------------------------------

"This place is dangerous Furakh, Let's get out of this place." Aleph is convinced that he is not into finishing the Call of the Forest anymore. Everything that had happened to him is nothing reasonable. And now he is at the edge of a high cliff, with an injured childhood friend which he was ordered to annihilate.

"The rule, those who fall shall end their journey. Those who stand shall proceed with the pursuit of power." The voice from the sky is not trying to converse nicely with them.

"We will not be tinkered by your rules! Get us out of this place now!" Aleph shouts with all breath left in his lungs. He is yearning for his voice to reach out to the sky. Looking around the cliff he tries to find any way down but there is no single possibility they can get down without falling.

When unexpectedly something attacked Aleph. A sword swing right into his head. With a fast response and a little bit of luck, Aleph dodges the sharp edge of the sword. It was Furakh! Furakh is holding a sword and tried to attack Aleph.

"Sorry Aleph, I have to reach Yggdrasil" Furakh is breathing heavily while hardly stand his ground. Aleph scared yet shocked and run to the other edge of the cliff. He didn't know that they both have a different purpose. All he tried to do was to stay alive and come back home safely. While Furakh has distinct intentions.

"Furakh, all of this doesn't worth the cost" Aleph is persuading Furakh, wishing there would be some common sense left inside him.

"You don't know what I go through!" Furakh shout and pointing his sword toward Aleph.

"All my time was spent without glory, I meditate for mana, I trained to become the strongest elf but all I worth just a mere soldier in the battlefield! But you, you Aleph are the son of Queen. You get everything that you want. And you looked down on us the common wood elf! You don't know how many times I've heard how I should be from the royal womb's when I am not!" Furakh releasing his anger. There is a change in his eyes. His look is not anything near friendly. Now he stares at Aleph with a murderous glance.

"Furakh, no.. you don't want this.. they played with us!" Aleph doing what he can to change Furakh's mind. Still, the efforts improve nothing.

Furakh runs toward Aleph with all of the vigors he had left. He assaults Aleph mercilessly, Aleph had to evade with his life on stake.

"Raaah!" A groaning of Furakh means he uses anything he had left on this one-sided battle against Aleph.

"No Furakh! Don't do this!" Aleph sincerely believes that Furakh still has kindness and bonds lingering inside his heart.

Furakh piles up every courage and energy for the last blow. He has reached the limit of his stamina. And with both hands holding the sword, Furakh runs toward Aleph.

"Haaaarghh!" A battle cry from the most talented elf. Aleph is at the edge of the cliff. He has no space to run. With a tiny fraction of his reflects, he avoids one more time. Furakh realizes it is too late for him, he swings too hard to stop his motions from falling off the cliff. Watching his best friend and rival falling put his mind on a conflict. As if there are two souls inside him trying to tell him two opposite scenarios.

Let him be,
Friends are those who cherished you
and he is a moron for choosing power instead of you. Let him find his demise.

And the other try to tell him another

Grab him,
Come on Aleph you are not him
He is blinded by power, you must not
He is your friend still. Save him.

All it took a second for Aleph to chose. Aleph reaches out his hand and grabs the back of Furakh's clothes.

"I got you, I got you" Aleph try to reassure that he got his best friend's back.

"You should have just let me go, Aleph" Furakh calmly replied. The tone of his voice differs greatly from the way he spoke before. There's no more murderous intention left.

Aleph with the remaining breath try to pull Furakh up to the cliff. When sudden gravitation in the form of light appears. This time it absorbs from above and below them. Furakh falls into the light below while Aleph escalates by the light above.

"Furakhhhhh!" He screams. The gravitation so strong pulls him into a place. After escalating for a while the gravitation stops. He pulled so fast that makes him unconscious.

Aleph once again for the one last time try to open his eyes. He has never been this fatigued before. The battle of rivalry with his best friend gets the best of him.

He deliberately sees something and there are lots of small lights. It was like fireflies flew everywhere slowly around him. And in the middle of that vast place, an extremely big tree.

Is that Yggdrasil?
Aleph collecting his mind as he gradually stands on his feet. And the last trial is right in front of him.

Will his intentions and hardship pay off? What awaits him in the deep sacred place?