I Will Follow You Across The Universe and Through Forever (A Doctor Who Fanfic)

They had taken her from her planet, along with the last fifty of her kind in existence, and dropped her into this shit hole. Avera wasn't quite sure where she was, but she knew she wouldn't be here much longer. The creatures had killed all the males of her species, and locked every female in this dungeon, chained to the wall like livestock.

But that's what they were. They were only there to be used as the creatures wanted. Out of twenty original females, Avera was one of only seven left. She didn't know what had happened to the others. The creatures came and took them, and then they were never seen again. The left were left to wonder about what exactly happened, and dread the day their turn came.

And Avera knew her day was soon. Out of only seven girls, she would be taken in a few days. They seemed to have taken the older women first, the ones in their twenties to thirties. Avera, being only sixteen, had been safe for a time. But now their supply was dwindling, and Avera wouldn't be saved by her youth much longer.

Avera shrank back against the wall as the door opened. She gasped out loud when she saw a girl, a regular, human girl being shoved into the room. The creatures had their disgusting gray fingers on her arm as they dragged her, kicking and screaming something that sounded like, "Doctor! Doctor!" as she was brought next to Avera and chained to the wall, like the rest of them.

Finally the girl's cries stopped when she realized that no doctor would be coming. Why would there be a doctor for her? She would just be taken away like the rest of them.

Avera was silent as she looked at the girl. The girl stared at her. "Who are you?" Avera asked. After realizing that sounded rough, she asked instead, "What is your name?"

"Rose," the girl answered. "Rose Tyler."

Avera smiled. "I'm Avera. It's nice to meet you, Rose. Though I will admit different circumstances would have been better."

Rose returned a bleak attempt at a smile. "Don't worry," she said. "The doctor will come for me. He always comes. And he can save you too."

"Doctor who? There aren't any doctors here," Avera said.

Rose smiled. "Not just any doctor, The Doctor. He's an amazing man. He's saved so many worlds, so many times. He'll save you too, I know he will."

Avera looked away. "One man against every one of those creatures? I'm sorry, Rose, but... Your Doctor is probably in a lot of trouble."

"He's beaten worse than this before," the older girl insisted.

Avera's eyes darted to the door again as she heard the lock being undone. The fear in her eyes was clear. They had finally come for one of them.

But as soon as the young man in the trench coat appeared in the doorway, Rose's face lit up. "Doctor!" she cried.