Home

The beast looked over the girls, it's eyes lingering on forbidden places. It's eyes looked around all the girls until it came to Avera. It gazed at her for twice the time it had allotted the other girls, a sickening grin spreading across it's grotesque face. Avera shrank back, grabbing The Doctor's arm without thinking about it.

That just caused the creature's eyes to rest on The Doctor. If he was scared, his face didn't show it. It was like a mask, hiding everything from the outside.

"I have a problem with you stealing these girls," the creature said, it's gray face seeming even more malicious than a moment before. "Especially that one." This time he pointed at Avera. She let out a scared squeak. The creature laughed. "Girls, would you like to know what happened to your little friends?"

One of the Nekos stepped forward. "What did you do, you bastard?"

"We had a little fun with them and then killed them," the creature said. "Hearing their screams, in both parts, was like music to our ears!"

Avera was shaking with fear. The creature's eyes rested on her once more. "Leave that one, and the rest can go," he said.

The Doctor's arm went around Avera's waist, as if protecting her. "Never," he said. "You will never hurt any of these women again."

The creature laughed and lumbered toward them. Toward Avera. When it reached out for her, Avera slashed its face with her claws, hissing. It screamed and clutched its face.

"Run!" The Doctor yelled.

Avera didn't have to be told twice. She started sprinting after The Doctor, her heart beating from a more innocent reason now. Her bare feet ached as they slapped against the pavement, and she suddenly screamed and fell as she felt a sharp pain in her foot.

The Doctor turned back, grabbing Avera and slinging her over his shoulder.

"Why aren't you wearing shoes?" he yelled.

"They took them! And made us wear these dresses!" Avera said.

The Doctor sighed. "This race is a bunch of perverts. Anyhow, I won't be able to defeat a whole race in short timing, and I'm not a fan of genocide, so our best bet is to get to the TARDIS."

Avera was silent. She was beginning to feel woozy, and didn't know why. She needed to close her eyes... Just for a moment...

As soon as her eyes were closed, everything faded to blackness.

Avera awoke with a bitter taste in her mouth, and she began to cough. She felt someone patting her back. When she looked up, she realized it was The Doctor.

After the coughing had subsided, Avera asked, "What happened?"

"You were drugged," The Doctor said. "It was probably administered through your food. Apparently you were next. I'm glad I came today."

Avera looked around. All seven of the Nekos were here, wherever here was. It was a metal chamber, with a large control center in the middle, with an odd tube sticking up from the middle. More hallways branched out from this main room. Or what she guessed was a main room.

"Where are we?" Avera asked.

"In the TARDIS," The Doctor said with a smile. "We're on a new planet. I was just waiting for you to wake up so I could show you your new home."

"New home..." Avera said softly.

The Doctor nodded and smiled. "Your people can live on a new planet. This planet is very accepting, so you'll be fine here."

The Doctor led them to the door and opened it. The view was amazing. The trees were a rainbow, the sky was silver, and the rivers ran hot pink. But Avera didn't want to live here.

The other Nekos hurried out, laughing and smiling, but Avera lingered in the doorway. Even Rose had followed the other women out.

The Doctor crossed his arms and leaned against the doorway, gazing at Avera. "You don't seem happy," he pointed out. "You should be happy... This is a chance at a new life, Avera."

"But will it be any different from my last one?" she asked with a bitter chuckle. "I was borne out of a relationship that, according to ancient Neko laws, is strictly forbidden. My mother was barely able to keep them from killing me. Do you think they're going to treat me any differently now that the planet has changed?"

The Doctor was silent for a moment. "There are plenty of races here, Avera. I'm sure you could fit in."

"I've tried. My whole life has been one failed attempt after another just to fit it," Avera said. A tear slipped down her cheek, and she swiped at it, accidentally scratching her cheek. She winced. "Just... Don't worry about it. I'm used to being alone."

The Doctor was silent for another long pause. "You could...come with us."