Chapter 14

Rosie's POV

I awoke with the sunlight streaming through the curtains and my body feeling like it was on fire. I was startled at first because I didn't know where I was but then I recognized the silver silk curtains from Francisco's room and the source of my heated body. Francisco's tall form was laying right next to my smaller one and his arms were wrapped around my waist.

My sudden awakening that made me shot up from my sleeping position made him release his grip on my waist and look at me with sleepy, confused eyes. He looked 'cute', as far as you could call a man of his height and intimidating appearance cute.

'What happened baby?'

He looked at me with worry. My heart skipped a beat when he called me baby. I couldn't comprehend my own feelings, I hardly knew him and yet I let him sleep next to me, call me such names and I didn't even want to think about the things he had done last night.

Maybe it was because my father had kept me away from every man who had shown interest in me over the years. And now all the pent-up hormones made me go crazy, so I let Francisco do everything he wanted to do with me. I didn't regret what he had done last night, but I was still very grateful that he had prevented me from going any further.

I needed enough time to digest what had happened yesterday. While I was lost in thought, Francisco got out of bed and disappeared into the attached bathroom. Curiosity got the best of me and I followed him into the bathroom. He stood in front of the mirror with a razor in hand and shaved his beard. He dropped his hand that was holding the razor and turned to me.

'Do you need anything, Rosie? I will be busy today. I have to go to the office and organize some things.'

'Oh okay', I replied, trying my best to hide my disappointment.

I didn't want to sit alone inside his house and wait for him all day. Almost as if he were able to read my mind, he added
'The whole house is at your disposal, I won't be gone for too long. I'll be home tonight.'

I nodded. After he finished shaving he walked towards his closet and pulled out a long baby blue dress.

'The rest of the clothes I ordered for you will be delivered during the day. I'm going to call one of my men here so he can sort this out for you and be there if you need anything. I have to make sure that you are safe when I can't take care of you myself.'

'What? Why? If I stay inside the house, there's nothing that could happen to me.'

'Something can always happen to you, I won't take the risk. Better safe than sorry. And I don't want you to answer the door when someone rings the doorbell, do you understand?'

'Y-yes but ...'

'Nothing 'but' Rosie, you gotta listen to that!You won't answer the door. Only I will leave and enter this house and I have a key.'

'Okay', I agreed meekly.

'Very good', he added, kissed me quickly on the cheek and left the room.

'See you tonight', he called and I heard the front door slam closed.

I ran to the window and peered out into the courtyard where Francisco approached his sports car, got in and left the courtyard with the engine roaring.