Chapter 19

DPOV:

As we walked to the guest housing I wondered if I really knew my Roza, the love of my life, my soulmate. She was hiding so much from me. As if she knew I were thinking about her she slowed her paced to stay at the back of the group with me.

"Comrade... I'm sorry." When I didn't reply or even look at her, she sighed and continued. "I know that I hid so much from you. I wanted to tell you, I did."

"Then why didn't you?" I accidentally snapped. I could feel her shock, I had never snapped at her before. When she stopped walking and I turned to look at her.

"I couldn't. No one except Lissa knew. It was bad enough that people knew Lissa could heal, but a dhampir with magic. I would have become a lab rat." Tears brimmed her eyes.

"I'm sorry, Roza. I just feel like I barely know you anymore." I walked up to her and I hugged her. I could feel her tears on my shirt. "I'm sorry мой дорогой. Please don't cry." I wrapped her up in my duster and continued to hold her. (My dear)

"I'm sorry. I gave you a reason not to trust me."

"Oh мой дорогой. I trust you with my life. I love you so much." (My dear)

"I love you too."

APOV:

We were walking to the guest housing and I was talking to Roman. Roman and I knew each other from when we went to school together here.

"Rose is amazing." He complemented looking towards Rose who was slowing down to Dimitri in the back of the group.

"Yeah. She always was and still is ahead of all the novices at the school."

"What do you mean?"

"She was threatened as a child and it prevented her from seeing her father and she barely say her mother. They didn't have the best relationship and still don't, but it's been getting better since an accident that happened around last Christmas."

"I heard about that." He replied solemnly.

"Anyway, she would have to stay the summers and breaks with the school and the other orphans. She was my weak spot and she knew it. Everytime she would come into my office and beg me and the other guardians to teach her, Eddie, and Mason, who didn't make it out of the Spokane incident alive, some conbat skills. She was always the fastest learner and very skilled. Even before she became shadow-kissed."

"What does that mean?"

"It's a really long story and the only ones that know the whole thing are Lissa and Rose herself."

"Okay."

RPOV:

Once we got to guest housing and checked in everyone went into Mine and Dimitri's room and, of course, Baba got all the couples seperate suites and everyone else had a room of their own. Everyone gathered in our living room and sat on the couches, arm chairs, or the floor. Christian sat on the floor in front of Lissa, Eddie in front of Mia, and Dimitri in front of me on one couch. Baba in front of Mom, Emil in front of Celeste and Alberta on the other couch. Yuri, Adrian, Vika, and Roman sat in the arm chairs. Pavel and Sergei stood at the door and I just sighed.

"Do not do that." I said looking at them.

"What?" Pavel asked.

"We are practically a room full of guardians and I think that you will need to sit down after what I have to say." 

"Okay." They both said, Pavel sat in front of Alberta on the floor, and Sergei sat on the other arm chair.

"Okay this is quite a long story, you ready." Everyone nodded. "Save questions for the end 'cause this is going to be long enough with out it."