Chapter four

🌸POV: Augustus🌸

I'm still getting used to all of this. Alaska helps me through it though. She's a good friend. In a way, she sort of reminds me of Isaac. But only because of how good of a friend she is. I miss Isaac. I also really miss Hazel Grace.

I've never really told anyone about her. I feel like if no one knows, then she'll still be mine. Only mine.

I go watch her everyday. She doesn't seem to be doing very good. Sometimes, I allow myself to be a terrible person for a moment and wish she was here. Although, for that to happen, she'd have to die. I don't want her to do that, not until she's ready.

Everyday I sit on my bed and write a letter to her, even though she'll never get it. Maybe when she gets here she can read them. I even write letters to Isaac, even though he can't ready them. I hope they invent those robot eyes he was talking about. It's be great for him to see again. Sometimes I wonder if he's still upset about Monica. Oh, I hope not.

Someone knocks on my door. When I open it I se a girl I've never met before. She seems just as surprised as I am.

"Oh, sorry, I guess I have the wrong room," she says shyly babe reminds me of Hazel, she even looks like her.

"Who are you looking for?" I ask.

"Prim, do you know where her room is?"

"Yeah, let me show you." We walk together in silence. After a little while I decide to break the silence. "So are you new here," I wince. "Sorry, that came out wrong."

She laughs, "uh, yeah, I'm new here. I'm Tris."

"Augustus," I offer her my hand and she shakes it.

"Prim has told me about you. Well, not a lot. Just that you go to the balcony a lot, like she does."

"Yeah, I'm still getting used to it here, but I'll help you in anyway I can," I stop. "Here we are. If you need me, you know where I am." I say as I walk off.