Chapter five

🌸POV: Finnick🌸

Not a day goes by that I don't think about Annie. Prim helps me through the day though. Prim helps everyone. Although, that is how she got here. I know how much she misses her mom and sister.

I miss Katniss too. And Peeta. We weren't just allies. We were friends. Katniss is the reason I got Annie back. I could never repay her for that.

As I walk down hall after hall j think about this. Prim has tried to get me to go to the balcony, but after the first time I haven't been able to go back. I can't go back. I can't handle watching Annie, Katniss, Peeta, and Haymitch go on.

I don't know where I'm going, but I almost run into a lot of people. Prim included. When I saw her she was with someone. I didn't recognize her, though. She must be new. I hate thinking about it that way. Someone being "new" to Heaven. Why not just go up to them and say "hey, I noticed you just died. Welcome!" I don't get why these people call someone "new," why can't they just welcome them normally?

I've been thinking about visiting Cinna. I know how important he was to Katniss. Before I know it, I'm in front of his door. Without thinking, I knock, not knowing what to expect.

"Finnick," he says when he sees me.