𝟙𝟡 • 𝕄𝕚𝕣𝕣ℴ𝕣

~POV Jisung~

Probably to avoid this nutcase would recognize me too quickly if we crossed him again, Minho had taken off his cap to put it on my head. Then, without warning, he had grabbed my hand to take me with him, in order to leave this place as soon as possible.

We had been running for several minutes before stopping to catch our breath, in a more crowded and lit street where there were those damn cabs I had looked for so much earlier. I had gotten used to his fresh and soft hand when it let go of mine, now that we were out of danger.

It was almost 6:30 pm. In that street there were a few small restaurants where people were gathered for a drink or dinner. Bar's neon lights, food' smells and passers-by' chatter had something reassuring, almost comforting, after this fright felt in the alley.

I sighed with relief when he spoke, raising his hand to call a driver without giving me time to react.

"You should take a cab home."

At once, a car moved towards us while I turned to him, refusing to leave him alone here.

"Let's go together. We live at the same..."

But he opened the door without even considering my invitation.

"No need. I'll go to the station."

Immediately, he walked away while I stood still, suddenly feeling empty and confused. Minho was distant. Always. It was easier to win lottery than to have his confidence and even though I was aware of it, it was hurting me more than I wanted.

Since I still hadn't gotten into his vehicle, the driver was growing impatient. But I couldn't believe the way Minho had just acted, leaving me like that, without even having talked about... well, I didn't know what we should have talked about, but...

"Are you coming or not, Sir?!"

...it wasn't possible.

Closing the cab's door, I apologized before setting off in search of my neighbor. Yes, I was doing the opposite of what I had decided. I had to put distance between us, not follow him. But Minho was a minor and I was his hyung, his teacher... I just couldn't leave him here alone.

What if some shit happens to you again???

And what if something happened to him?! I'd never forgive myself!

My conscience and I were agreed on this point. That's why, after having walked the street, when I saw him got out of a tiny mini-market to go to the small deserted playground located next, I was instantly worried. 

Nervously, I approached when he sat cross-legged and opened a tin can which he put on the ground in front of him

Nervously, I approached when he sat cross-legged and opened a tin can which he put on the ground in front of him. While he waited patiently, I saw come out of a bush, a small gray cat that moved slowly towards him, before starting to lap the contents of the tuna can.