Chapter One

I hear a strange noise coming from somewhere in my room. I tried to ignore it but it just kept getting louder and louder.  I opened my eyes groaning searching for the ignoring beeping sound. But only saw my alarm clock telling me it was 5:45. I groaned as realization that the ignoring beeping sound was my alarm clock telling me to get my arse up. I watched the clock tick to the 5:46 mark and groaned and got up and dragged myself to the kitchen where my parents waited. I walked into the dim lit kitchen to see the usual sight my mother cooking on the stove while my father read the newspaper.

"There is my Raven." My father said as he rolled up the newspaper. 

"Finally decide to get out of bed." My mom scolded

"I'm sorry mom I forgot." I said innocently. 

"How could you not remember today is the most important day of your life and you forget. Hm sometimes I forget you're your father's daughter."

"What was that Helena?" My dad asked

"Mitchell sometimes I can not tell you and your daughter apart."

"Our."

"What are you going on about." My mom asked confused

"She's our daughter." My father stated matter-of-factly. 

"No she is not. When she is a good girl she is my daughter when she does not do what she's told she is your daughter."

"Said daughter is still in the room." I said with a cough. My parents looked at me with a smile before my father asked the question on everyone's mind.

"Are you ready for your aptitude test today?"

I groaned and washed my hands before I sat down in my usual seat in front of my father. "No I am not ready."

My mother looked at me with disapproval but my father just laughed.

"Why do you say that bumblebee?"

"I do not want to leave you like Noah did." I blurted out before I realized what I had said. My mom's eyes filled with tears and my father tensed up. Noah is or should I say was my older brother before that stupid test. The test determines which sector you will live in. The sectors are seperated by giant electric fences. So once you leave you can never return to your family or home. I live in sector seven or the business sector. My brother took the test last year and had to move to sector 5 the military sector. We have never really talked about it much after he left. We just pretend it was always the 3 of us but now that I might be leaving how can we not pretend that this might be goodbye. 

"What are talking about Raven?" My father asked as he looked around the kitchen nervously.

"I do not want to leave you two." I said as tears spilled over my definces

This time it was my mother to speak in her soothing motherly voice.

"Raven we will never stop loving you no matter what sector you are put in."

"But mom I won't be with you two anymore what would you do without me." I sniffled

My father's deep voice surpressed my mother's soothing words. "No matter what you will always be our Raven. No matter what happens you will always be our daughter. "

My parents looked at each other seemingly debating on whether to tell me something or not. Before they went back to their daly activities. Almost completly ignoring my presents. The only time they do this is when they have a secret.

We ate in complete silence waiting for the clock to chime 6:30. At the half-hour chime chimed I jumped from my seat and ran to see the bus parked in front of my house. I began to walk toward it when I relized I was still in my Pajamas and my black hair sat on my head like a mop. I quickly ran to the clothing and hair simulator to change before I quickly sprinted toward the bus. As I reached the driver was about to drive off.

I took my seat in the very front trying to keep from being discovered by anyone. But my mind kept drifting back to the fact that my parents had a secret and they didn't know how to tell me.
Secrets are just knowledge that not everyone know.