Chapter 3

(Lucas)

I was sitting on the couch watching TV. Football game. When I was a kid, I wanted to become a footballer. All my friends used to play football and girls have always liked footballers. I liked girls back then. Or I just thought I like them. But my parents refused to pay for my trainings and sneakers. However, I played football with my friends few times anyway. I destroyed my only shoes and had to wear them for the whole next year.

I switched to another TV channel. There was some action movie starting. I grabbed popcorn and put my legs on the table. There wasn't any TV in my social apartment so I was enjoying this technology. It has been a few months since Dylan and I rented our own apartment. It was small but comfy. When I moved to the social apartment two years ago Dylan taught me to steal properly. We were stealing from people in coffee bars who hanged their bags on the chairs and didn't check on them, from people who fell asleep in buses and few times we robbed small shops which didn't have security cameras. No one has ever noticed us, we were never caught. But this money were just enough for the social apartment, food and cigarettes. Later Dylan met Six. Six planted marihuana. I never knew his real name, everyone just called him Six because he had number six tattooed on his arm. Dylan and Six made a contract and we started selling marihuana. We started earning much more money than from stealing and got our apartment. I thought this business and money are enough for Dylan but he has been working already for a month on another plan. The plan, I am going to be part of.

„Now is the right time," said Dylan walking from his room. He has been monitoring location of some girl named Clarke on his computer by GPS. I didn't know who that is but Dylan said that her father owes him a big amount of money. And I should get that money for him.

„Change clothes," pointed Dylan at my tracksuit. „We are going to dance club."

„Dance club?" I sighed. „I hate dance clubs and this good movie is starting now. Can't we do this another time?"

„No."

„But she has probably her friends there. She won't talk to me."

„We are going and this conversation ends now." There was no point arguing with Dylan. We were almost every day together for the past two years but we weren't friends. We couldn't talk about our feelings, thoughts, have fun together, laugh or even just talk to each other. We were just companions.

„So, remember," said Dylan when we stepped out from taxi in front of the club Jolly. „Tell her she has nice hair and eyes. Girls like it. Do not be perverse. You need her to trust you."

„I know what to do," I replied. „I am gay but that doesn't mean I can't impress a girl."

„Think about that stupid awkward romantic movies," said Dylan and entered the club. I entered too and looked through the club. It was huge. On the left side there was bar where barkeepers were making drinks. On the right side there were tables. Almost all of them were full. In the middle there were people dancing. I have never understood how this can be fun for someone.

„The third table from the back," Dylan said to my ear. „Clarke is the one with brown hair."

We went to their table. Clarke looked nice but I didn't like her friend. She looked like the one typical blonde girl from romantic movies who makes other girls jealous.

„Hi, ladies," greeted Dylan. „Can we sit here?"

„Of course," smiled the blonde girl. Dylan probably liked her, he has dated many girls like her, but it never lasted longer than a week.

„What's your name?" asked Dylan when he sat next to blonde girl. I sat next to Clarke and thought about why I have to do this.

„I am Judy and this is Clarke," said Judy. „And yours?"