Chapter 6

(Clarke)

„I hope I'll meet Lucas soon," said my dad and stood next to me in front of the mirror. I was putting on a little make-up to look good on a date with Lucas. He called me in the morning and asked me to go to the cinema with him. I have been looking forward to see him the whole day.

„Of course, dad, you'll meet him soon," I assured him. „And how about you? Have you met someone finally?"

„Nope, everyone's married," he sighed.

My dad is young and handsome man and I would love to see him happy with a woman, but his relationships have never lasted long. He is just 37 years old, they had me with my mother when they were just eighteen years old. My mother left us after I was born. My mother was in a high school when she got pregnant with me. She felt too young for being a parent. She wanted to go to college, to travel a world, to build a carrier and to enjoy life. I think it was really selfish because the pregnancy wasn't my fault. After the birth she wanted to give me up for adoption. My dad agreed at first because he was young and scared too. But after I was born and he held me in his hands he knew he can't give me away and decided to keep me. They got in a fight with my mother, she left and we have never seen her again. I heart this story from my dad first when I was fifteen. My dad didn't go to college and he started working as a waiter. He is still working as a waiter and he has never regretted his choice to keep me.

I said goodbye to my dad and went to the park. It wasn't far from my home and I was there a little bit earlier because I hate being late so I sat on a bench and listened to some music with earphones.

„Hi," Lucas came and sat next to me. „What are you listening to?"

„Hi, you probably won't like it. It's Lana del Rey."

„Are you serious?" he smiled. „I love her."

„Really? That's great." We shared the earphones and headed to get some ice cream.

„What do you do in your free time?" I asked him.

„Well, anything but fantasizing about math and statistics."

„I don't do that!" we both laughed.

„I like reading books or watching movies," said Lucas.

„I read books too, what are your favorite?"

„I love Harry Potter and The Lord of the Rings for example."

„No way, me too," I was happy to have so many things in common with Lucas. It almost felt like we were soulmates.

„Are your parents happy about you working in a kindergarten?" I asked him.

„Yes," he answered. „And yours about going to study economy?"

„My dad is really happy. My mom left me after I was born so I never knew her." It wasn't usual for me to tell about my mother someone I have known just for few days but I somehow felt that I could tell Lucas anything.

„Well, it's her loss," he smiled and grabbed my hand. I smiled at him too and we came holding hands to the cinema. We bought tickets to some comedy and ordered some popcorn and cola.

The comedy was really funny, we both laughed a lot and had fun. After the cinema we sat at a pizza place and ordered pizzas. We were still laughing about some funny phrases from the movie and imitating them. We were probably annoying some other people but we just didn't care.

„Anyway, a friend is throwing a party at Saturday," said Lucas. „Would you like to come?"

„Yes, I'd love to." When a boy wants a girl to meet his friends, he must really like her, so asking me to go to his friend's party with him made me very happy.

„I had an amazing time with you," said Lucas when we were in front of my home.

„Me too," I smiled at him.

He leaned over to me and kissed me on my lips. His lips were soft and warm and in that moment I just knew I am totally in love with him.