Chapter 15

(Lucas)

„This would look amazing on you, babe," Eddie pointed at a leather jacket.

„Leather? No way," I said. „And we are looking for something for Clarke. It is her birthday."

„I know. This looks nice, doesn't it?" We looked at a red dress with flowers.

„Yes, she is going to love them."

I was happy and thankful that Clarke was able to forgive. I could see that she is happy. On the other hand, I haven't been in contact with Dylan after we have left our apartment at all. We haven't talked about our kiss or about what he said to me. I just knew that they are spending a lot of time together as a family and that he is finally living a really good life.

„Hi, everyone," we entered Clarke's house.

Clarke, her dad, Dylan, Judy with some boy, everyone has already been there. They were sitting at the table, on the table there was a big cake that looked amazing.

„Hi, finally," Clarke came to us and hugged us both.

„This is for you," I gave her the gift.

„They are beautiful, thank you," she said after she opened the gift.

„Hi, boys," we shook hands with Clarke's dad.

„Hi, Lucas," Dylan came to me and smiled at me. It was the first time he has smiled at me. I have to admit, with this smile, he is actually really handsome. He looked like the happiest person in the world. I though we will just shake our hands but he hugged me. I put my hands around him and hugged him too.

I noticed that Dylan went out on the garden to smoke a cigarette. I left the others and came to him.

„Do you want one?" he offered me a cigarette.

„Thank you," I got one and smoked with him. „How are you doing?"

„Really good. My family is great. And you?"

„It is fine. I live with Eddie and his parents."

„I am happy for you," he looked at me. „Honestly. You deserve each other. And I understand that we can't be together. I have done too much of bad things."

„What things?" I asked. „I have already put it behind me and forgot about everything."

„Thank you," Dylan smiled at me. „Thank you that you can still talk to me after everything and forgive me."

„Of course," I smiled at him too.

After the party I started spending more time with Dylan and we became good friends. We sometimes even make a joke about our kiss.

I never regret that I have met Dylan. He made me stronger person and he also brought this amazing people into my life.

And I know that he is not and has never been a bad person.