Chapter 14

TEN MONTHS LATER

(Clarke)

„Hey, sister, surprise," I turned to Dylan and suddenly, my whole face was covered in whipped cream. He had whipped cream on his hand and he threw it to my face.

„No, I hate you," I laughed and started cleaning the whipped cream with my fingers and eating it.

„You should be making a cake," my dad came to the kitchen. „Not playing as kids."But then he grabbed the whipped cream and threw it on Dylan's hair. We all started laughing.

„So, Clarke, do you already know who is going to your birthday party?" asked my dad.

„Judy with her new boyfriend, I haven't even met him yet but she said that he is amazing and Lucas with Eddie."

It was April so my twentieth birthday was coming and we were throwing a big party. I was looking forward to it. For the past nine months, Dylan has been living with us and it was amazing. I was studying and Dylan and dad had a job but we could also find time for ourselves. We have been talking a lot about everything, going out, cooking, playing games, me and my dad both feel like we have known him our all lives.

I have been also meeting with Lucas and Eddie. It was difficult for me at first but after few months I completely forgave him. I have my brother and that is all I need.

„Anyway, dad," said Dylan. „You have a date next week with your colleague, I asked her out from your phone while you were in the shower and she said yes."

„No, you didn't. No, Dylan, you couldn't have done that."

„I love you too, dad."

„I have to go to a hairdresser. And how should I act on a date?"

Dylan and I started laughing. It was cute how nervous our dad was about a date. But we both wanted him to be happy and we knew he is missing a woman.

„Well, the cake is not going to cook itself," said dad and we all continued to prepare the cake for my party.