chapter 1

Bea turns the car off and looks over at the big house. It's been awhile sinces shes been here, let alone stepped foot in the place. She looks over at the sleeping woman in her passenger seat, her bestfriend and her savior through a lot of things. Shes home for Christmas, well Frankys home. Her own parents long past and having spent her time with Franky a lot growing up. Her foster mum Liz always made sure she knew she had a place to go, it only made since.

"We here?"

"Yeah, who's cars in the drive. I thought we were arriving early?" Bea asks as she looks over to the grey car.

"Not mums, shes still has the same car she had when we were in uni." Franky says as she wipes her face of sleep and then looks over where Bea was looking.

"Could it be booms and Maxine?"

"Nah they still drive Boomers red beamer. I guess we'll find out when we head in, come on red, mums goin be happy to see yea!" Franky says as she opens the door and gets out. Bea rolling her eyes at her bestfriend, getting out as well.

"You gonna help me or let me get everything?" Bea says as she pops her trunk.

"Leave it for later, booms will help. Maybe Will and Fletch as well." Franky says as she stand on the pathway that leads up to the house.

Bea just nods her head as she closes her trunk and makes her way up to the house. Bea smiles a little when she hears the unmistakable sound of Christmas music and Franky rolling her eyes at the sound. They open the screen door and walk into the house, the music getting louder with the smell of cinnamon rolls flooding their senses.

"Mum! We're home!" Franky yells as she takes her shoes off and heads towards the kitchen. Bea taking a look around the familiar house, taking her boots off and walking towards the voices in the kitchen.

"Whaddya mean shes home? I thought she was in Sydney this year for work?" Franky says with a bit of concern in her voice and nervously looking to Bea as she comes into the room.

"Hey love," Liz says as she sees Bea enter the room. "I thought so too. Until she showed up this morning surprising me for Christmas."

"Where she now?"

"Up in her old room, taking a nap the girl drove here all night."

Franky quickly leaves the room and rounds the west wall that leads into a small hallway, that then leads into the stairs. "Franky, leave it be!" Liz yells after the tatted woman.

"What's up with her?" Bea says as she sits at the table reaching for a cinnamon roll, getting her hands slapped in the process.

"Saved them for when the others get here or you and Franky are making more." Liz says as she sits at the table. "I, well we have a surprise guess and Frankys not happy.

Just then you can hear a door getting slammed opened and Franky talking loudly to some one.

"Oi, what the hell!" Franky says as she comes into the room and looks over at her younger sister.

"Fuckin hell Frank's, what's with bustin the door in like SWAT!" Allie says as she rolls over and looks at the other woman.

"What you doing here?"

"Merry Christmas to you as well. What's it look like Franky, came to spend the holidays with mum and everyone. Didn't think it'll be a problem especially sinces I've missed a few holidays with work an all."

Franky leans against the the door jam and crosses her arms over her chest, "Should've worned me, I fuckin brought red."

"Beas here?" Excitment wells up in the blonde at the mentioned womans nickname.