War is Coming

Mia threw herself onto her bed, exhaustion setting in after the day of training. It had been several weeks since her incident with greeting the pack. She has been training with the pack ever since she was permitted to leave the pack hospital. Her gifts were beginning to manifest themselves more and more every day that she trained with the pack. It was surreal to see how much they were developing as more of the pack had a hard time keeping up with her speed and agility. Her strength was increasing with each training session she had, taking down some of the best trained warriors of the pack within a short time of beginning her training. She went to the pack hospital to learn to use her healing ability, also developing in a rapid rate. Doctor Brenden stated that she was progressing with her abilities much more quickly than what he was expecting based off the short medical documentation that he had read through from her ancestor. She was becoming much closer with her wolf side as she trained which made her feel more whole. She was beginning to communicate more with her wolf and learning how to use her wolf even in human form. 

   Rafael and her were still as active together as ever with her having moved into his small cottage on the pack territory. She was not yet ready to take over the alpha responsibilities so her dad settled with meeting with her for a short time each day to slowly go over the things that have been going on since she had left to try to have a normal life. It felt surreal to see how much her pack had improved over the years under her dad's rule and wondered silently to herself if she would be even half the alpha that her father seemed to be. She was assured that she would make a wonderful alpha with how caring she was for her pack members already.

   They were still making plans to try to prevent the vision she had seen after shaking hands with the one pack member upon her arrival. She had  not seen the pack member since the incident however was assured that it was because they had been freaked out about the incident and learning that they could be killed in the near future. She was also informed that they had taken up extra training sessions to prepare themselves for the upcoming battle that they still did not know when it would happen. She ran through what she saw in her head repeatedly to try to figure out when the attack occurred in her vision but was running out of ideas on how to tell when it was. She sat at the kitchen table of Rafael's house running her hands through her hair in frustration while she continued to try to figure out when the vision happened. She peered speculatively at the notepad she was jotting notes down onto to see if she was missing anything when she heard the front door open, shutting with a click. Rafael walked in with a look of exhaustion before his eyes brightened seeing her sitting at the table.

"I will never get used to seeing you here when I get home from a long day. I still can't believe you came back with me. What are you working on now sweet?"

"Still trying to figure out when this attack happened in my vision so I can try to figure out who it was that started it. I have been wracking my brain to figure out a timeline and I just can't seem to figure anything out. So I took to writing the vision down to see if I could pinpoint it that way and so far I have not figured out a thing to be honest I am at a loss as to what to do. How do I prevent something that I can't even figure out when it happened?! I'm getting so frustrated trying to figure this out to prevent catastrophic loss and I feel like I am failing the pack by not figuring this out."

   Silent sobs began to wrack her body as she overwhelmed herself in emotion from not being able to figure out when the attack was suppose to happen. Rafael came up behind her and wrapped her in a bear hug holding on tight as she sobbed into his arm. She could hear his soft murmurs as she let it all come out. As she was winding down he gave the top of her head a kiss before taking a seat next to her at the table, pulling the notepad to him to read over what she had written down on it to see if he could see anything that she was missing. She took a few shuttered breaths as she finished calming down waiting for him to decide if he had any ideas as to when it would occur before he suddenly stopped and peered up at her with a question in his eyes.

"Mia there is something that you have not seemed to have written down in your notes about the vision you saw."

"What is that? I thought I wrote everything down from it?"

"What phase was the moon in when you were in your vision?"

   She stopped suddenly, thinking back to her vision, trying to remember if she saw the moon in your vision with so much going on around her during it. She focused herself on the task of remembering what the sky looked like in her vision trying to picture in her mind if she saw the moon or not. She inhaled sharply as she thought remembering an eerie red glow coming from the sky. She looked back at him in shock realizing that the vision she saw happened on the blood moon, the night that she was to be made alpha of her pack.