Alpha Ceremony

The day of the ceremony had arrived much to fast for her liking. She did not feel ready yet, even having been apart of making the offensive and defensive plans to prevent what the other packs certainly felt was going to be a secret attack on them during what was suppose to be a celebration. Rafael had already been swept away by her father with the statement that it was like a wedding and he was not allowed to see her before the ceremony began. Her mom had showed up not long afterwards to help her relax and get ready for the ceremony. Everything was set, the decorations were up, and most importantly their plan to prevent the 2 packs from attacking anyone from the start. Everyone was assigned to to watch one of the pack members, trading off if something occurred such as bathroom use so that there was never a moment when a pack member was left unattended during the celebration. 

   She peered at herself in the mirror, running a hand down the material of her dress. She had changed the color of the dress after having seen her vision. She hoped that everything they had planned would be enough to avoid the tragic loss she had seen and she did not want to have the same dress as her vision. She decided on a a blood red a-line dress skirt with a sweet heart neckline corset top. It had black diamond embellishments concentrated on the bust of her dress with some spread around her skirt gleaming when the light hit them. Her mom had done her hair into an intricate looking swirl that framed her face lovingly. Her mom came up behind her, grabbing her hands with tears glittering in her eyes.

"Mia, darling, you look absolutely stunning tonight. No matter what happens tonight, know that your father and I love you and that you have done everything you can think of to prevent the war that you saw. I still don't know how to feel about everything that is happening but I know I trust you and that you will make an amazing alpha to our pack."

"Thanks mamma for everything that you have done for me and having faith that I will make you and dad proud of me. I don't know what I would do without your support in this."

"That is what parents do hunny. It doesn't hurt that we believe in you. Now, are you ready to get this started they are waiting for you now. Let's show them what kind of alpha you were born to be."

   With that she was led from the cottage by her mother and lead to where the ceremony was to take place. Things from her vision were still the same, the position of the moon, the colors around her and some of the positions of the people that she saw in her vision. Momentary panic began to grip her at the thought of her vision coming to pass no matter what they tried to change. Her mother gripped her hand reassuringly before she urged her to walk forward. She continued to walk forward, noting with comfort, that each of the packs in question had several other pack members near them which had not been present in her vision. She looked forward and saw Rafael standing near her father with a smile on his face and a tear in his eye. He was wearing a fitted 3 piece black and dark grey suit with a blood red tie to match her dress. She smiled at him with love beating in her chest as she realized how close they had become since he had showed up on her apartment door what felt like forever ago. 

   There ceremony started without any signs of problems. Her pack and their allies howled to the blood moon showing their acceptance of her as alpha. A jeweled blade was drawn across her palm as well as her father. They each took a turn placing their bloodied palm against their pack stone, her father passing the alpha connection to the pack from him to her. She felt the surge as she felt every pack member and ally's support flowing through her as the proverbial torch was passed on to her. She announced her mate to the pack and felt their acceptance of him as her mate and second in command before the festivities were getting ready to kick off. She peered at everyone from where she stood noting that allied pack members and ones from her own all moved into their positions that they were assigned. She peered at the sky and noticed that the moon's position was the same as in her vision. Suddenly what sounded like a hundred battles around the territory could be heard ringing out as border patrol members ran into incoming wolves trying to cross the borders. The pack members in attendance launched into action, gunning for her. Their defensive plan worked. Within minutes of the packs launching their attack the fight was over and no blood shed had been reported yet. The captured packs were taken to the holding cells to be interrogated while the festivities slowly began to restart. She celebrated with her pack members for a short time before making her way to the holding cells to find out what they had found out about the attacking pack members. 

"What have you found out? Anything on why they would attack our pack like they did?"

"I have found out a few things Mia but I don't think it will be what anyone expected. Starting off they said that they did not initially decide to attack the pack like they did, that they really were just interested in getting trade deals set up with our pack. Then they found out that the alpha's heir was returning, which concerned them but they were still going to try to move forward with the dealings. They said once they found out that the new alpha was meant to be a woman they had made a plan to kidnap her until after the deals were a done deal. When you were able to get back to pack territory without them realizing you had found out about their plan they stated that they began to research who you were. They found out that you had started to develop the gifts that our first female alpha had and decided that you would be to dangerous to allow as an alpha and decided that taking you and the rest of the pack out would be best to prevent you from becoming alpha. They said they were hesitant to move forward with the plan but their alpha became greedy wanting your territory to add to his own. They warned that he wanted to take out other packs between our territories so he could become a more powerful alpha and they are afraid that he is going rogue without having his mate to ground him. Truthfully they are happy that the attack did not succeed as they feel their pack is in great danger because of the greed their alpha is now displaying. No one will challenge him and they all began to beg for help. As it turns out the alpha of the other pack that we originally had started dealings with has already been killed in a similar attack by this alpha which is why we had not heard from him in person for a short while. My honest opinion is that these wolves are telling the truth and something needs to be done before innocent wolves end up being killed because of their alpha. By their descriptions and the count on how many wolves we have down here a large chunk of both packs are now here and not under his influence. I will continue to question them for now and write my report up based on what I find out. Please go on home I am sure Rafael is waiting for you."

   She smiled at her father's security advisor that she had chosen to keep until he was ready to retire. She nodded at him placing her trust in a man that her father had trusted with his life for so long. She made her way back to the cottage she shared with Rafael, finding him waiting for her on the porch swing, having taken his tie off. He smiled at her seductively as she slowed her pace towards him. They were in for a long steamy night before it was business as usual tomorrow. She smiled back as she embraced the idea.