Chapter Seven

S2E7: The Lost Sister
&
S2E8: The Mind Flayer

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asked. The group now found themselves walking through the woods towards the lab where everything started. Jace assumed that's where the creatures were being called considering they were demegorgons. Max never left his side though ever since the creature clawed right through his skin. She checked up on him every 5 seconds and clinged to his side. Yes, Jace was in horrible pain but with Max by his side, he felt as if everything was going to be okay.

"Yes, he had the exact yellow pattern on his butt." Dustin scoffed as he lit the pathway with his flashlight, obviously getting aggravated with the questions now.

"He was tiny two days ago." Lucas mentioned, obviously shocked Dart had already grown so much.

"Well he has already molted 3 times." Dustin said, rolling his eyes.

"When is he gonna molt again?" Max asked finally speaking up from Jace's side.

"It's gonna be soon. When he does he'll be fully grown or close to it." Dustin explained. Jace was surprised the creature wasn't fully grown yet. That thing was huge... and deadly.

"And so will his friends." Steve added on from the far right side of the group. Jace had practically forgotten he was there. It was still kind of weird having him hang around with him and all of his friends.

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." said Dustin, his eyes widening at what he had just said. Jace's brows furrowed,

"Wait a cat? Dart ate a cat?!" Jace exclaimed. Dustin started stammering with his words,

"No, what? No!" Dustin said, choking up as he refused to look Jace in the eyes.

"What are you talking about? He ate Mews." Steve said.

"Mews? Who's Mews?" Max asked, completely lost while Jace and Lucas were filled with anger.

"It's Dustins cat." Steve said looking proud of himself for knowing something but Dustin didn't seem so happy and neither did Lucas or Jace.

"I knew it! You kept him!" Jace yelled at Dustin. So much of this could have been unavoidable.

"No, I... I- He missed me! He wanted to come home." Dustin stammered trying to come up with some excuse.

"Bullshit!" Lucas argued, walking away from Dustin's side and standing beside Jace.

"Guys, who cares? We have to go." Max said getting annoyed with everything and Jace agreed, he hated listening to Dustin and Lucas whine to each other.

"I care! Dustin put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!" Lucas yelled at Dustin, his face tensing up.

"So did Jace!" Dustin argued pointing to Jace and flashing the flashlight in Max's face, "He told a stranger the truth!"

Jace shook his head and scoffed, "A stranger? You wanted to tell her too asshole!" Jace argued, just about ready to lunge at Dustin but Max held him back.

"But I didn't Jace okay?" Suddenly Jaces attention was else where. He heard a screeching in the distance and it was coming straight from the lab. The world around him seemed to fade with Dustin and Lucas' yelling muffling as the screeches grew louder.

"Guys?" he asked turning around to just hear arguing, "Guys!" he yelled at the top of his lungs making them listen to the screeching noise.

They all silently agreed to follow the noise but Max tried pulling back on Jace, "No, no, no. Hey, guys why are you headed towards the sound?" No response. "Hello? Hello?" she yelled but they were already off towards the lab. Max scoffed and ran after Jace, soon catching up and walking alongside him.