Chapter Two

S4E2: Vecna's Curse

Jace was now pacing the small isles of 'Family Video' searching for a movie that Robin, Steve, and him could watch in the morning considering there weren't many customers arriving so early. He circled back to the counter again, out of luck with finding a good movie that they hadn't watched yet. Both Steve and Robin were finishing their morning job of restocking the returned films onto their rightful shelves while Robin continued her story from last night's game.

"Then Vickie laughed. And it wasn't like a cheap, fake laugh either. It was a real, genuine laugh," she said as she finished restocking her share of the films, turning to Steve who still had a stack to go.

"Of course she laughed Robin, it's my Muppet joke. It's hilarious," he bragged jokingly, turning to another shelf.

"My point is that Vickie laughed and everything was just like... it was perfect!" Robin exclaimed as Jace leaned into the conversation from his spot behind the counter.

"But?" he simply asked, Robin turning around to face him with a sigh of defeat. Jace always knew that there was a 'but' in Robin's conversations. He tried his best to find a reasonable solution every time.

"But I'm having this problem where it's like, I should stop talking. I have said everything I need to say. But then I guess I get nervous and the words keep spilling out, and it's like my brain is moving faster than my mouth, or rather my mouth is moving faster than my brain. And I'm digging this hole for myself, and I want to stop digging, and I'm trying to stop, but I can't. And I'm doing it right now, aren't I?"

"Yeah," Jace and Steve said in unison, standing beside one another now.

Robin let out a deep exhale, backing up to the nearest wall and slamming her back against it.

"I'm hopeless," she sighed out, both Jace and Steve walking over to join her.

"Eh, we kind of all are," Jace said, squeezed between the two of them. Between both Robin and Steve's girl problems and Jace's situation with Max, all of their love lives were a mess.

"If only we could all just like, combine," Robin said in a lower voice, looking at the two boys.

"Combine?" Steve asked, his face scrunched with confusion.

"No seriously, think about it. Jace and I know exactly what we want. We've found the girls of our dreams, but I can't get the courage to ask her out, and Jace doesn't know what to say to Max. Meanwhile, you go on a million dates, and have no idea what you want. So if we all just combined, all of our problems would be solved. I mean, alone let's face it..."

"We totally suck," Steve said with a gentle laugh.

"Yep. Totally and utterly suck," Jace added on with a small laugh escaping him as well.

"Ooh, I think I found our morning movie," Robin said, quickly jumping back up to run to one of the nearest shelves. "Doctor Zhivago," she said, presenting the film to Jace and Steve with an excited glint in her eyes.

"Ugh, you know I don't do double VHS," Steve said, waving his hands in an X position as he walked away from the wall him and Jace were still leaning on.

"But it's about doomed love," Robin argued, looking at Jace pleadingly as he followed behind Steve.

"Oh, well, that's relatable isn't it?" Jace said with a small chuckle to himself.