Two.

I love how I'm spending my summer so far. I spent my week in my room, watching Netflix, while devouring a pint of Neapolitan ice cream.

My phone has been turned off for days, and I've had at least 10 missed calls and 30 unread messages from my best friend Norma.

Norma, the typical hottie, with a nice ass, tanned skin, tiny waist, perky tits, and a pretty face. She's always dressed up, and has guys drooling for her as she walks down the streets. Unlike me.

I'm a different kind of girl, the pale short girl who hopes to graduate college, by spending her time in a dark room, studying. The only thing getting tanned, are the circles around my eyes.

And it's sad because I think I'm just an average girl. For a 20 year old, I do look like a 17 year old.

Norma spends her summer weekdays at the gym, while I spend it at home eating Papa Johns pizza. I thank my parents for my metabolism.

Apart from that, I'm an okay person, even though my awkwardness and clumsiness isn't my best feature.

A week ago, I broke my glasses with my bike, and just yesterday I spilled my hair dye down the drain. I have finally decided to get contact lenses, and if I work part time, I can afford laser surgery. I don't look that bad with out them though.

I keep on receiving notifications, and I finally decide to read Norma's messages. They all consist of maximum swearing and the "where the hell are you, why aren't you answering my calls?".

I've called her twice today but I guess she's returning the "I'm going to ignore you, the way you did," like she normally does like per usual. Normally, I don't get a call back in two, to three days, but this time it only lasted 20 minutes.

-"You little shit, I didn't know Niall lived in the building across from you!" She laughs, as I remain silent. I shake my head and roll my eyes, regretting my life decisions.

-"He asked me out, last night! We're heading over to Coney, and I was wondering if you wanna go on a double date with us."

I can feel my heart rate fasten,
-"Which one? The blonde dude, or.."
-"Yes, yes him! He said he wants to bring his friend with us, and I instantly thought of you." she excitedly says, as I take deep breath, mumbling yes.

-"Thank you so much Cassandra!" She yells onto the device.
-"It's Cassie, and you owe me one." I say before hanging up.

Of course, a guy like him has high standards, and a girl like me isn't really the one for him. I shouldn't be surprised. I should be used to this.

I take my 3 day worn jeans, and a plain white tee, and I head out to get myself another dosage of purple hair dye. My split ends are losing its color and I have to manage to look good before tomorrow.

After I get what I need, a walk around for a while, and stop by my favorite deli/liquor store, getting myself a large slurpee, and a tiny bottle of vodka.

The clerk "Nico" shakes his head,
-"You know, how I feel about this, but you're my favorite." He says as I pay up, and I head over to a park nearby.

I sit in the swing, mixing the slurpee and the vodka, swinging myself back and forward.

I space out off my own thoughts for about an hour.

It's weird how just a week ago I was staring at a pretty blond boy kissing another girl, imagining myself as her, and now my best friend is going on a date with him. I wonder which one of his "friends" is tagging along tomorrow. They're all highly attractive, in their own ways of course. Two of them seem pretty "close", and the other two are more laid back.

But, Blondie has this sex aura flowing out of him. I guess that's what catches my attention the most.

I begin to snap out of my thoughts and I decide to head home.

Just as I'm about to leave, I hear someone calling out "hey" repeatedly. I ignore it, thinking it might not be for me, but I can hear it getting closer. I feel tapping on my shoulder, and I turn around to see "him" in front of me. I make loud slurping noises as he smiles at me.

-"Hey, I barely ever see you out, you didn't go to Jill's on Saturday," he says digging his hands in his pockets, as I continue the noises,

-"Yeah, I needed to get something's done, I've been busy." I say as he nods understandingly. I look around awkwardly, -"yeah, it's getting late, I have to head home," I say walking away slowly.

-"Yeah, uh, see you tomorrow." he lastly says as I walk away.

I then again, spend my night outside on the fire escape, fresh out of the shower, smoking and listening to Lana del Rey.

What a great way to end a Friday.