Four.

I wake up a bit light headed.

Never thought I'd ever really smoke this much before.

I lay on my bed alone, questioning if what happened yesterday, actually happened. I look around my room, spotting Zayn's gold fish in my nightstand, and I'm still wearing his shirt.

-"Cassie! Cassie! Please come to the kitchen!" I hear my mom call out for me.

Fuck!

I hope I didn't get in trouble for bringing a guy in.

I hesitantly walk out of my room, probably looking a hot mess.

-"Darling I didn't know you had a friend over. He's a charming young man." my mom says, as Zayn helps her out with breakfast.

-"Well m'am I was gonna ask for your permission to take your daughter out on a date." He says winking at me.

-"Of course honey, just as long as you keep coming by. Norma seems to be the only company she has, and Jimmy is barely around. Cassie is not a child anymore, and she needs more time out." my mom says as she smiles at us. I roll my eyes, giving her half a smile.

-"Of course she does. But she's still my princess, and it would be amazing if you'd wear a shirt next time you come into my kitchen." My dad says taking a seat, as he crosses his arms. I shut my eyes tightly praying to the gods to give me a bit of strength, hoping they'd do their job right.

-"I'm sorry sir, I-"

-"Dad, I have his shirt. It's not his fault." I sigh, interrupting Zayn, taking the shirt off and handing it over to him, as I run back to my room and grab a random t-shirt from the bottom of my closet, walking back over to the kitchen.

-"See dad, happy?" I say as I take Zayn's hand, walking him over to the other side of the table.

-"Sorry I over reacted. All of this is new to me you know. I never knew this day would come." My dad says looking embarrassed,

-"No dad, I'm sorry for not letting you guys know. It was a last minute thing." I say as my mom serves us breakfast.

-"This feels nice." Zayn blurs out as he takes a bite out of his food.

I look at him closely, admiring his messy hair, and the bright wide smile he carries as he speaks to my parents. He takes my hand in his, and kisses it.

-"The food was great, thank you so much. I think I'm ready to head out." Zayn says taking his dishes to the sink, excusing himself out as he walks towards my room, sliding his shorts on, along with his sneakers.

-"Are we gonna stay in touch?" I ask. He takes my hands in his, kissing them.

-"Yeah." he mumbles as I go for a kiss on the lips, but he kisses my forehead instead.

-"I'll see you around then." I annoyingly say handing him over the gold fish, making my way out of the room towards the apartment door, opening it for him. He walks out without saying a single word. I close the door behind me, as I walk towards my room, locking myself inside.

What the fuck was that?

My mind runs in circles, questioning what I might have done wrong. Was I staring too much, did my parents scare him away? What ever the fuck I did, I hope shit won't change between me and Zayn. I'm not ready to take up the responsibility of a relationship just yet if he thinks I'm in for that.

After a hot shower and a few ice cream scoops, I end up smoking out in my fire escape once again.

I check the time and it's half past 5, and I decide to take my daily walk through the neighborhood. I might as well make my way through Nico's spot and get me my daily drink. I head towards the handball court, sitting down on the concrete ground.