07: decalcomania

Zero felt dazed, the feeling of her kiss still left lying on his lips until he snapped out of his senses and dashed out into the rain to run after Seven, even if his face was burning so hard and his heart about to explode. He was confused, shocked, and then a moment later he was thinking that maybe he was just hallucinating yet it felt so real.

When he caught sight of Seven waiting for him at the terminal, which was surprisingly now filled with people entering the train, he ran towards her, but failed to meet his eyes with her.

Why'd she kiss me? He tried to sneak a glance at her, but she had already entered the train. His mind had flown out of this world—only filled with Seven and nothing else. He hopped in before the doors would close.

He found himself sitting beside her which had been the only seat left as the train began to depart.

Despite the loud chatter of the passengers, he could feel his heart pounding in his chest as he felt her arm grazing against his since the train was full and everyone had to squeeze themselves in. Zero had no idea how much time had passed; it felt like years with him so close to Seven. It was so different from how he expected it to happen that he could not tell the difference between wanting it to end because it would of been greedy or not wanting it to end because he wanted more.

Before he could go on overthinking, his attention was taken by an old woman making her way through the crowd. Zero saw that the lady was too old to hold herself standing for a long ride so he did not hesitate to stand up from his seat.

“Excuse me—" he stopped, turning to Seven who also stood and said the same thing.

He blushed and turned back to the lady who was now looking at their direction.

"You may sit here, ma'am,” Zero insisted politely, eyes darting towards Seven. “You take the seat.”

“What? No, you take it.”

“You should be more exhausted than I am.”

“How can you tell? I have your jacket, just take the seat.”

“Pardon me," the old woman smiled and sent them a nod while waving a hand off, "that is kind of you two, but I am about to head towards a seat my friends have reserved for me. They are right over there."

She waved a hand towards the front, looking back at them and chuckling.

“You youngsters better not be too kind to each other. It takes away a lot of opportunities that should add the fun in love.”

And so she went onwards until Zero realized that the two of them had been standing there with people giving them looks. He went back to sit beside Seven who was looking away, before she sighed in annoyance. “How much more are people gonna tell us that we're dating?”

“I wouldn't know." He looked away. "What was that a while ago?”

Her cheeks flushed. “What do you mean?”

“You know what I mean.”

“What, I was stubborn for not sitting?”

“Before that, when we're at the porch. . . Do you mean it, Seven?"

Zero was surprised at himself for having the courage to sound demanding. Well, he really wanted to know what she did mean. It didn't even look like an accident. He didn't want to end up hoping for nothing, to assume things that were actually not the way he ought them to be.

A few minutes passed and Seven had gone silent and avoided his gaze, and as the train slowed down to a stop, he took her silence as a no.

She did not mean it.