Chapter 5

After that night, Katy and I had a serious talk about our relationship. Even though she was a senior, she hadn't dated much through high school because the boys just wanted in her pants. Coupled with the fact that she wanted a scholarship, dating had gone to the back of her to do list. She was hit on constantly, but had turned everyone down the last few years thinking it wasn't worth the effort or the time it would take from her studies.

The rumors that Katy had heard about Diane and I intrigued her. The most popular one seemed to be that I had rescued her from some guy that was abusive and now Diane owed me. It was almost comical but I guess the timing of the fight I was expelled over and our dating did coincide.

Katy was very analytical so she had observed us from a distance and, on occasion, studied some psychology texts that she thought were appropriate. This was how she knew to approach Diane in the car the first night we went out.

It turned out we were the perfect couple. She wanted to save her virginity for a special time and I had Diane to relieve my sexual tensions. We went on dates without Diane and had a blast. Katy and I had the same quirky sense of humor and she could keep up with me in every way. She took an interest in the things I was doing by coming by my job and the gym.

She and Smitty hit it off instantly and from then on she would come to the gym every night to study and watch me prepare for the fight I had coming up in a month. She even researched nutrition to help me cut weight and explained how the last week before the fight it would just be a matter of losing water to make the limit.

We got into a rhythm and about twice a week we had date nights. This was usually followed by picking up Diane at the end of the night and going to the park or some other secluded place. Katy would kiss and tease me while Diane would do everything else to get me off. I was having fun, Diane was always turned on, and Katy was having sex vicariously. It was perfect.

My birthday was coming up in a few weeks and Katy, being the imaginative minx she was, wanted to make it special. She quizzed me on what I wanted for a gift, where I wanted to go, and if there was anything I wanted Diane to do for me. I half joking told her I wish Diane was nicer to the Three Amigos. They were geeks, but it bothered me that she still had an attitude toward them, even after out talk.

Katy listened quietly but didn't say anything. She had been able to get Diane to talk to her about things that she would never open up to me about. I figured she would discuss the situation with Diane and it might actually make a difference. Katy was good with her and I could see that she had gained Diane's trust.

The weekend before my birthday my parent were going out of town to visit my grandmother. Since I didn't want to miss work, they were going to allow me to stay home by myself. It wasn't the first time I had been left to take care of things but, it would be the first time I had company while they were away.

Katy was thrilled to find out we would have the house to ourselves for the entire weekend. She set about planning my birthday party but wouldn't tell me the details. I had plenty to do anyway, with my job and training for the fight, so I let her handle it. She recruited Diane to help with the planning so I didn't have to do anything but show up.

The last few days before my birthday party Diane began to act a little strange. She was hornier than usual and seemed almost embarrassed to look at me. I had never seen her this way before so I surmised that Katy had come up with a way to include her at the party. Katy asked me not to have sex with Diane that week so I figured that was contributing to her behavior.

Friday finally came and Katy came to the shop to get the keys to the house and asked me not to come home until 8pm. It wasn't a problem, since I never got home until then anyway. I needed to spend some more time on the Chevelle as Jesse was helping me put the finishing touches on my new V8 engine. We had already installed it and tonight we planned to crank it up for the first time. Around 8pm we had it running and Jesse had been right on the mark when he told me I would appreciate the car soon enough.