Denying?

Gab's POV

As soon as I opened the door, Maam Nadine welcomed me. With their ... friends?

"Gabriel, what are you doing here? Like this early" I blinked twice. Ano sasabihin ko?

I cleared my throat before answering.

"Pauwi na nga po ako Maam eh" I nervously chuckled.

And that's when I realized na she's with their friends.

"Po? Maam? What's with those honorifics?" Now, I didn't know what to say. Lahat sila nakatingin sakin.

"Gab has that habit. He usually use honorifics to Nadz because he likes to tease her" Napalingon naman ako and saw Aira making her way to us.

She stood beside me.

"At one point, I thought you're dating a student" The other guy said.
"No, silly. Who would dare?" They chuckled. I watch her as she laugh with her friends.

I let out a deep sigh. I somehow understand her pero masakit pa din.

"I haven't introduced my boyfriend pa nga pala. This is Gab" Tumingin naman ako sakanila.
"Gab, these are my friends. EJ, Red and Sam. And ofcourse, you already know Nadz" I smiled to them and shook their hands.

"Let's go in? We brought breakfast" The Sam guy said.
"I actually" I stuttered. Why tho? Napatingin naman sila sakin.
"Actually, paalis na rin ako eh" I smiled at them.

"Got tired last night huh?" EJ teased.
"EJ talaga. Bastos bastos. I just called him early in the morning, needed to do something" Aira reasoned. Yeah, that's a very good reason.

"So, I'll go na. It was nice meeting you all" I smiled and was about to go when Aira held my hand. I didn't bother to look at her. I just carefully removed my hand then went out.

Pagkalabas ko ng gate, I felt a cold breeze ran through my body. It felt like I was out of the oven.

"I didn't even get my phone" Luckily I have my keys. Pupunta na sana ako sa sasakyan when the gate opened.

It was Maam Nadine.

Lumapit sya sakin and handed me my phone.

"Thankyou po" I smiled. I walked papunta sa sasakyan.
"Are you okay?" Napatigil ako sa paglalakad. I'm not.
"Oo naman po. Bat naman hindi?" I laughed it off.

"Tingin ko nabigla lang si Aira kanina kaya nya nasabi yun. I know she didn't meant to offend you" I nodded.
"I know po pero I don't why I feel hurt. Ang babaw ko ata" I laughed.
"Alis na po ako" Pumasok naman na ako sa sasakyan.

I stared at myself in the rear view mirror.

"It's okay Gabriel. Try to understand her" I convinced myself then drove off.

It's now 9PM and We just finished our meal. Me and Ate are just chilling here in our garden. It's still sunday so, it's her rest time.

"Ate, diba you know Aira? Nung college kayo" Her gaze from her phone shifted to me.
"Yeah, why?" Tinaasan nya 'ko ng kilay.
"Nothing. Just asking" Binalik naman nya yung tingin nya sa phone.

"So, you also know her friends?" I asked, simply.
"Yes. Bakit?" She asked without looking at me.
"How are they?" She looked at me.
"I mean, ano mga ugali nila?" I looked at her.

"Why do you wanna know? You met them na ba? Were they bad to you?" I quickly shooked my head.
"They were nice. I just wanna know what type of friends Aira has. Aside from Maam Nadine syempre" She nodded. She seemed pretty convinced.

"As far as I remember, okay naman silang lahat. We already hung out together because of Sic" I nodded in response. That's good. Wala akong magiging problema sakanila.