1 | new beginnings

!quick a/n: this takes place in a world where tommy and wilbur live near to each other and corona doesn't exist!

|y/n's pov|

i sigh as i look down at the moving boxes below me, i'm glad to be moving but god, i cannot be bothered to unpack these.
in attempts to procrastinate this for as long as possible i rush downstairs and try to locate my brother, if i pester him about it enough im sure i can get him to help me,
"WILLLLLLLL" i whine, poking my head through doors trying to find his giant ass, considering he's like 1938858 ft tall you'd think he'd be easier to find.
"yes sister" he mocks looking down at me, ruffling my hair,
"could you pleaseeee help me unpack?" i try plead, bringing out the puppy dog eyes, his face drops and he deadpans, "fine" he replies, already defeated.

//

a few hours have passed and my room is all set up, me and will flop on the bed exhausted, admiring our decorating skills. (looks kinda like this)

plants fill the room, cascading down my shelves and looping around my pc and monitor, fairy lights are twisted inbetween, i feel like i'm in a little pixie house, it's beautiful

"thanks will" i turn to him with a smile,
"it's no prob little sis" he nudges me, "you're an awful interior designer of course i'd have to help"
i let out a chuckle, but then turn my tone more serious, "not just for that though" i look back up to the ceiling "thank you for letting me live with you, away from... you know."
he lets out a sigh,"i couldn't let you stay there for any longer, i love our mother but she's just so clueless about him" he takes my hand "i'm so sorry she never believed you, she'll come around soon"
my dad died a few years back and she recently got a new boyfriend, he would constantly say things to hurt my feelings, make fun of me, and would try to get me in trouble, he moved in with her a month or so ago and it began to become more frequent, i couldn't even sleep in fear for him, i had to get away.
tears begin to pool in my eyes and i bury my head into his shoulder,
"i'll protect you now" he says, patting my back, letting me drift off into a deep sleep.