2am baking

please i know george would never call his s/o 'nugget' but like i genuinely dont know what pet names he would have for them

George and his s/o decide to attempt to bake a cake at 2am

they/them reader

• • • •

"What are you doing up? It's 2:15 in the morning!" George looked at the love of his life, who was currently grabbing the egg carton from the fridge.

"I was editing! And then I couldn't sleep, so I figured I might as well be productive." They replied, setting the eggs on the counter and going back to reach for the milk.

"So you're making a cake?" George rubbed his eyes and walked over to stand next to the gathered ingredients, picking some up and examining them sleepily. Grabbing the box of cake mix he turned it over to read the large words 'Red Velvet'.

"Yeah! What else would I make?" Y/N replied, smiling.

"Good point." He shrugged.

Y/N poured the dry cake mix into a large bowl in front of them, measuring out the milk and cracking an egg into the red paste. "Hey Gee, can you check to see if the oven is hot?" They asked, looking over their shoulder at him and brushing hair from their face.

"Yeah," George squinted his eyes to see the number on the oven. "It's at 325."

"Perfect!" Y/N poured the mixture into the cake pan and maneuvered around George to put it in the oven. Sighing and smiling, they turned back to George, who had been watching them with soft eyes. "Wanna watch something while we wait? I'll pull up reruns of Pokémon on the TV." They suggested.

"That sounds great, nugget."  George smiled and after a slow second pulled them into a hug.

"You know I love the shit out of you, right?" He said quietly into their hair.

"Y-yeah of course, bun." They tightened their hug around him. After a few short moments of silence, Y/N spoke up. "You okay?" They studied his face, slightly worried.

"Yeah- Just realizing how lucky I am to have you."

• • • •

this is so shit im so sorry it ends like that ive been trying to finish this for SO long and i just couldn't think of a good ending for this, might revise it, might not