Chapter 2: two days before the collapse..

"Good Morning, Babe" I greeted my girlfriend as she opened her chocolate brown eyes. I tucked some of her loose brown hair behind her ears.

"Good Morning babe!" she greeted me back with a smile.

"I cooked some breakfast for you, how does bacon and egg sound?!" I told her as I started to walk to our bedroom door and headed downstairs.

"Since when did you start cooking?" she asked me as she got downstairs and sat on one of the stools.

"Well, I just couldn't be bothered before but hey! I cook!" I defended, smiling and winked at her.

"Well if this doesn't poison me you might as well cook breakfast everyday," she laughed teasing me.

"So what time are you coming home from work?" I asked her.

"Well, I don't know maybe 10, I guess it depends how busy the shop will be," she answered cheerfully. "Shouldn't you be at work already?" she added.

"Yeah, you're right, I have to go. See you later when you get home from work then?" I replied as I kissed her on the forehead and said goodbye. I hopped in my car, turned my key and soon the car was starting, I drove to the building of the World Trade Center, still planning how I was going to propose to her but it had to be soon, really soon.

I finally arrived at work; I locked my car and went inside the building. I pressed the 3 on the elevator. As soon as the door opened my lovely assistant Sabrina greeted me. "Good morning, Sir Blake!"

"Good morning Sabrina," I greeted her back and continued walking.

"So, sir, anything you need today?" she asked smiling widely.
"I want you get my schedules, also make me a coffee and put it on my desk," I ordered her and continued walking to my office. I stared at my desk and started pulling out files by files from my black, shiny, leather suitcase. It was a present from Taylor. I started getting the proposing details ready and I started brainstorming about some things I could do other than what Luke suggested. I could tell this would not be a productive morning, being so distracted with the ideas of proposing running through my mind.

Five minutes later Sabrina entered my office. "Sir, here's your coffee and schedule for today, anything else?" Sabrina said smiling as she sat my coffee on my table. I didn't even know I zoned out.

"Thanks that's it. I'll call you in if I need you." I replied smiling a little, still feeling terribly distracted. She exited my office and I started thinking again while drinking my coffee. I decided to settle with the ideas Luke suggested.

I called the Staten Island Ferry and set the date for September 11, which is her 21st birthday. I also called her parents and asked if I could meet up with them tomorrow and told them it's urgent. When it comes to her parents, you have to make an appointment because of how busy they are, after I settled on the time, I called Luke and told him I considered his suggestion and that's what I'm going to do. Of course, he laughed and teased me that I can't do any thinking when it comes to romantic things. Honestly, I can't imagine myself if he wasn't my best friend, he helped me with all the planning when it came to these sort of things because I suck at it. Sometimes I wonder why he doesn't have any girlfriend when he's really romantic and kind. I don't understand girls sometimes they want guys who will stand with them and love them for who they are, yet they go on dates with jerk guys and complain about it.

Girls are messed up. Of course, exclude Taylor. She's different from all the other girls inside. She has deep brown hair that goes just past her shoulders, chocolate color eyes that sparkle in the sun. She has a body of a model, oh well she's a fashion designer, so she has to set a good example. Her smile mesmerizes me, what can I say, the first thing guys' notice on a girl is her smile. She's about 5'6 foot and she's almost as tall as me. She has my heart and guys drool over her when she walks past them. Sometimes I wonder why she's with me when she can have anyone she wants. Oh well I'm probably just lucky. I love this girl too much, I would take a bullet for her, and seriously I would. I love her so much; if she ever dies I would die along with her. But hopefully that doesn't happen anytime soon because I need to marry her, have kids, settle down together and be one happy family. Taylor deserves this. She deserves to be treated as a princess but she'll soon be my Queen. If she says yes to my proposal but I'm pretty sure she'll say yes, hopefully. Can't wait till Tuesday.