Chapter 4: The Collapse and Her Birthday

The day has finally arrived! Today is the day I'm going to propose to my girlfriend, Taylor. I'm so excited yet nervous at the same time. I ordered a big breakfast because I couldn't be bothered cooking. i ordered her waffles, coffee, bacon and eggs and even french toast, her favourite. I placed the food on our wooden dining table and picked a red rose to place on the table with her breakfast and, of course, the morning paper. i breathed deeply, "Today was the day!" I thought to myself.

I heard some footsteps coming from the stairs and I saw her stretching. My heart skipped a beat. "Happy Birthday, Babe!" I greeted her and she smiled. "Here's your birthday breakfast!" I added and led her to the dining table and pushed out the chair for her. I watched her eat slowly and decided to eat as well so I took a plate out and began eating.

"Hey, babe are you going to the office today?" she asked me and I shrugged.

"Nope, I need to fix a few things outside of the office but I shall see you later on after work. Which reminds me, we have a date tonight considering it's your birthday, we're going out," I told her and she smiled widely, I can see her getting excited.