Chapter 8

"I'm so sorry all that happened to you" Taehyun said, as Huening Kai told his story.
"If I had known who you where sooner, I would've helped as much as I could"
"Don't worry Taehyun-Hyung, you came into my life at the right time"
Taehyun cringed at Huening Kai calling him Hyung.
"Ah, please don't call me that, Taehyun is enough, I mean we are only a few months apart in age"
"Oh..I'm sorry, I didn't know.."
"It's okay, no need to get worked up about it, just you don't have to call me hyung is all"
Huening Kai fell silent, and stared into his ice cream bowl, deep in thought.
"Kai? Hello?" Taehyun said, waving a hand in front of Huening Kai's face.
Huening Kai looked up at him, and then said
"I know you said I don't have to apologize, but I feel really bad putting you through that"
Taehyun leaned back, he didn't want to argue with Kai, he's already been through enough.
"It's okay, believe me, but you should be worried about yourself, not me"
"Huh?"
"The only reason you wouldn't commit to self harm, was if you had known you where hurting someone else, as if you don't care about yourself"
"..."
"I'm not trying to guilt trip you, I just want you to understand that your health is just as important as mine, you are just as important as me, you're important to me"
Huening Kai started to tear up, he stood up and hugged Taehyun.
"Thank you Taehyun, I hope you mean that"
"Of course I do Kai....I love you"
Huening Kai pulled back, and with a little hesitation he responded
"I-I love you to.."

————————O———————

It's been almost a month since Huening Kai and Taehyun met, and they have grown closer almost every day.

"Hyunnie?" Huening Kai asked, setting his phone down beside him.
Taehyun and Huening Kai where sitting in Huening Kai's room at Yeonjun and Soobin's apartment.
"Yes Hyuka?"
Taehyun responded, not looking up from his phone.
"Will you-uh, will- oh gosh...I-"
Taehyun looked up from his phone at the flustered, stuttering Huening Kai.
Taehyun scooted closer towards him.
"Hyuka, are you okay?"
Huening Kai covered his face with his hands, before finally saying,
"T-Taehyun will you k-kiss me?"
Taehyun was taken aback, not that he didn't want to, he just wasn't expecting it.
"Oh...uh" Taehyun muttered.
Huening Kai's eyes widened as he went to go stand up.
"I'm sorry! I shouldn't have even asked! Of course you don't want to kiss me, you probably don't even like me, you're just pretending to like me because you feel pity on me-"
Taehyun grabbed Huening Kai's arm, and spun him around, taking him in a loving kiss.
After a minute they pulled apart, and Taehyun said,
"Please don't ever say that again hyuka, I love you, scars and all, I couldn't have asked for a better soulmate, whatever makes you happy, I will do it, I just hate to see you miserable"
Huening Kai wiped the tears away from his eyes and looked at Taehyun, smiling.
"I love you too, thank you for caring about me"
"Of course.."