2

"Never try to do anything that is outside of who you are. A forced smile is a sign of what feels wrong in your heart, so recognize it when it happens. Living a lie will reduce you to one."
― Ashly Lorenzana

𝑱𝒐𝒉𝒏 𝑶𝒓𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒅𝒐

P-please just d-don't hurt her dad..., my words trembled as my dad was about to hit my mother, Me, my sister Lauren and my mom have been getting abused by my father aka my mom's husband, she's tried to get a divorce he wouldn't sign the papers. My sister Lauren is the youngest she's only 13 and I'm 17, I have to protect her with all cost and I have to protect my mom but he's just to strong...the last time I spoke up I ended up in the hospital, leaving my mom and Lauren home alone with my abusive father who had to lie to the doctor saying I got into a major fight and the other guy is unknown, of course I had to go along with it, there was no way out, I snapped out of my thoughts after hearing a loud gunshot causing me to jump.

I look around and saw my mother on the ground blood gushing out of her, hearing her take last huge breaths trying to stay alive, but that didnt work, all I could hear were loud screams sirens and police officers talking to Lauren and my dad being arrested, I could care less about my dad my mother was in the verge of dying right infront of me.

Mom!! Stay with me!! I managed to say with my voice cracking tears trembling down um face.

Mom please just stay!!

I love you joh-, was all she could say before she took her last breath, he last sight of the world, her last everything...

My heart rate going faster and faster by the second, my brain still trying to process what I've just witness, my father killing my mother, me watching my mom die.

The echos of my mom saying "I love you joh-" replayed in my head sirens screaming yelling memories flashing through my head of my dad hitting us abusing us putting us through so much I couldn't take it anymore, I just wanted to leave I just wanted my father to be the same, he changed and it wasn't for the better...

feeling arms wrapped around my I knew it was Lauren she was crying her heart out and all I could do was just comfort her, I couldn't do anything about mom's death, I just knew she was a amazing woman who cared for us and loved us with her whole heart.