Prompt 2 - Failing under weight. (Bittersweet Ending)

"I'll join." Dream tells Schlatt, who grins "Go-" "Only if you stop forcing so much upon Tubbo, and the others." Dream's voice was final, no negotiating or they'll lose the deal. 

"Alright, but that means you'll have to pick up the extra jobs." Schlatt says.

Dream nods. 

---

Dream, despite being a Villain, hated and scorned now by his friends for assisting Schlatt, doesn't regret anything. 

Sure there are things he should've done differently, but it's too late now, He muses, legs swinging off the highest cliff in the SMP.

---

"HOW COULD YOU DREAM?!" Tubbo shouted, "TOMMY AND WILBUR NEEDED YOU?" He cries out, Dream just stands there motionless and empty in front of the cell he's in.

"I tipped them off." Dream says voice fragile and empty, "Don't... don't tell anyone that It was me who told them." Dream turns to the side, scanning for Cameras, or one of Schlatts men, kneels down and hands him a regeneration potion.

Tubbo drank it confusedly, "W-" he coughs, "Why?" Dream lifts his mask to show his mouth and grins sharply, "I'm no hero."

Dream walks off.

---

Dream looks down, if he jumped, it'd be a gruesome sight, especially on hard-mode he had switched himself to, he would land in the middle of the reclaimed L'manberg.

He could see his friends laughing and smiling in the park Tubbo raised.

Dream smiled softly, mask off, hair swaying gently in the breeze.

---

"WHAT THE HELL DREAM?!" Tommy yelled, Tubbo in his arms as Dream stands obediently beside Schlatt.

"I joined the winning side." Dream's voice, airy and detached rather than the confident drawl they were used to.

Dream knew what choices he made, for them would be unforgivable.

For all the hate he held in his heart for himself, he couldn't find himself caring.

---

Dream pondered about how things would change, It would be less antsy with him around, he heard rustling from the trees behind him. 

Dream frowned, he didn't really want to talk to anyone.

"Dream.." Dream knew that voice, he tilted his head downwards towards his lap.

---

"Dream." Wilbur's voice rang out in the field. Dream felt sorry, Dream knew the brunette had gained feelings for him over the time he had spent with the Pogtopians.

Dream thought he might of had feelings for him too.

But he isn't sure anymore.

"Wilbur." Wilbur flinches slightly, before shaking himself, "Why."

Why. Dream mused, Why is a good question. I don't even have the answer myself.

"I don't know." and wasn't that the truth. Dream didn't feel in control.

The others looked hurt. Tubbo just looked sad. Despite Dream's attempt to stay alone, he ended up spilling why he did what he did to the younger boy.

---

"Wilbur." Dream's voice sounded floaty and empty.

Wilbur walked towards the man on the edge, sitting a feet or so back.

"Why." there it was again. Dream mused. He didn't have an answer, at least not anymore.

"I'm not sure now." Wilbur made a sad noise. Pulling Dream away from the edge by his waist and despite it all, pulling him to his chest.

Dream despite having lost himself, or who he was couldn't help but melt into the first touch he has gotten in ages.

"I noticed... you haven't really been here in a while." Wilbur said, despite the confusing way of saying it, Dream nodded, eyes fluttering with exhaustion.

"I think... I hated myself, when I knew who I was." Dream said softly, "I also think I liked you, I'm not sure anymore."  

Wilbur sucks in a breath and curls around Dream tighter. Dream's gaze was blank and unseeing on pretty features, Wilbur mused, despite what Dream had done, Dream genuinely had thought so for the better.

"I liked you too." Wilbur whispered lips pressed lightly against the youngers forhead.

Dream smiled, and laughed airily, "I want to sleep. But I can't." 

Wilbur shifted Dream in his hold, he was in his lap now, Arms curled against his chest, scars running the length of his forearm, some from battle, some from his own hand, searching for something he couldn't find, His head resting slightly against Wilbur's chest and shoulder.

"You can rest soon," Wilbur said, voice low, "Just wait a little longer with me, Please."

Dream nodded against his chest, Wilbur picked up the man and started down the mountain towards L'manberg.

---

Why is such a wide base for an answer.

Tubbo wondered Why when Dream condemned himself and succumbed to the emptiness not trying to seek Redemption or help.

Tommy wondered Why it had to end up like this, watching Wilbur come through the town, Dream cradled in his arms, scars on show.

George, Sapnap and Bad wondered, Why they ended it like they did.

Wondering is a wide base for fantasy and delusion.

Niki wondered what would happen if they hadn't let Schlatt win.

Fundy wondered if it would've been easier had this never happened. This group of people never come together.

Dream wondered why he listened to Wilbur, rather than the voices.

---

(This was me projecting on Dream a bit-)

I wanted to do more but I felt that was good to end off of.

Tell me if you want a part 2 to this, or the Bad ending.