Chapter 34. They're Mine Too

Stormie's POV

"So, what's going on?" I asked as we walked to the parking lot.

"Well, I decided to move back," he said.

"What?!" I shouted. I stopped dead in my tracks. 

He turned back to look at me.

"You quit school?! How could you be so stupid!" I threw my arms in the air.

"Everyone is staring," Avery said.

"I don't fucking care! Let them stare!" I shouted. "You are so going back."

He bent over laughing.

"I'm going to kick you in the balls if you don't stop laughing! This is some serious shit," I growled.

"Okay, wait," he said between laughs. He held up one finger and laughed harder. He put his other hand over his balls.

I crossed my arms over my chest and shifted my weight to one leg. "I'm really about to take my babies and leave."

"They're mine too. I hate to break it to you, but you have to be nice and share," he said and laughed. "Okay." He took a deep breath. "I said that wrong. I should have known you would jump to conclusions because it's your strongest personality trait."

"But I–" I started to argue.

He put his finger to my lips to silence me. "I didn't quit school," he said. There was no trace of humor in his eyes. "I was busy making arrangements with the school about living off of campus and out of town. It was hard, but I convinced them. Also, I had to put in a two-week notice at my job. I'm going to work with grandpa when I can," he said. "When you called me Saturday night, I was taking my flat screen off the wall. I wanted to be moved back by Saturday, but John asked me to work for a few hours Saturday morning, so I had no time to pack. I didn't get completely moved in until this afternoon. I felt bad for leaving John short-handed, so that is why I wasn't back by the weekend," he explained.

"That is why you've been acting weird," I murmured. "What made you decide to move back? I mean, that's a long drive every day."

"Isn't it kind of obvious?" he asked. He glanced down at the twins then back to me. "Like I said, they're everything to me. I'm sorry that I made you think differently," he said. "So, can I keep them for a few days?"

"Be my guest. For once, I might get some homework done, and you're going to find out how much they won't let you sleep," I said and patted his shoulder. "Good luck. You're going to need it, daddy."

He smirked at me. "Don't call me that. It kind of turns me on."

I pinched his nipple.

He swatted my hand away and laughed. "See you later," he said.

"Bye," I said. I bent down to the stroller. I kissed Chloe's cheek. "I love you." Then I kissed Corey's cheek. "And I love you. Bye, babies."

"That's bullshit. I'm giving you a break from them. Where's mine?" Avery teased. 

I stood on my toes and pecked his cheek. "Thanks."