twelve

"If you've tuned in this long—which I'm sure you all have—that marks the end of today's episode. We'll see you this time next week, where we answer all your burning questions about finding love on campus and our experiences with it. Signing off, I'm Niall Horan."

I rolled my eyes. I was sitting outside of the radio booth, waiting for Niall to finish up today's segment with Millie, who was saying her own goodbyes. Their latest series about love on campus had become a massive hit with the student body, even though Niall was arguably the last person to be giving out advice on that particular topic. Then again, who was I to talk?

The two of them walked out of the booth a few minutes later. Millie was laughing at something Niall had just said, and he looked pleased. When she saw me, her smile grew. "Hi, Sydney. How have you been?"

I beamed back at her. "I've been good, what about you?"

"Oh, busy as usual, but, you know, I like it that way," she shrugged. "The show has really been taking off lately, it's crazy."

"Well, you two are doing a really good job with it." When I noticed Niall's smug smile, I couldn't help but roll my eyes yet again. "Mainly Millie."

"Millie's the star, but we make a pretty good team," Niall declared, completely oblivious to the bright red blush spreading across Millie's cheeks. "I say we take it on the road."

"Well." Millie's gaze was fixed on the ground, but she was smiling. "It's a lot of fun."

"I can see that," I said slowly, staring back and forth between the two of them. "Do the viewers mind that you guys are giving relationship advice when you're both single?" I turned to Millie. "You are single, right?" Then, I stared at Niall to see if he would catch on to what I was doing. Unsurprisingly, he didn't.

She snuck a quick glance at Niall before nodding her head. "Yeah. Eric and I broke up over the summer."

Niall was quiet for about three seconds—a new record—before he asked, "Why'd you guys break up again?"

"Oh. Well, um, he cheated on me. So."

"What an idiot," Niall said, shaking his head. Millie looked like she might pass out. Then, he added, "Yeah, Jonesy's ex cheated on her as well."

My stomach only clenched slightly at the mention of Adam, which was a major improvement. Jokingly, I said, "Twins. Maybe Millie and I should do a double feature on the show—how to move on after being cheated on."

"I know how you moved on," Niall mumbled under his breath. I leaned over and punched him, and he rolled his eyes.

"That could actually be really cool," Millie said. "We've been looking for a guest speaker, actually. You'd be great, Jonesy."

"Oh, I was joking," I said quickly.

She shrugged. "I wasn't. You should think about it." She turned to Niall, who nodded begrudgingly in agreement.

"Yeah, I guess it wouldn't be the worst idea in the world," he sighed dramatically.

Millie glanced down at her phone. "Shit, I'm about to be late for a meeting if I don't get going. It was nice seeing you again, Sydney!"

Niall pouted, nudging her gently. "What about me, huh?"

"Niall, I see you almost every day," she reminded him, her cheeks pink.

"And I bet it still isn't enough," he grinned. "See ya, Mills."

Once she was gone, I kicked him in the foot, perhaps slightly harder than I'd intended to.