Chapter 8: Slumber Party Vibes

My dad had someone repairing the glass an hour later, who showed up as the three of us sat waiting for Kie and John B. It took 30 minutes to repair the damage my mom had done, 30 minutes makes her not look so bad.

"Am I allowed to apologize again," I ask.

"No," Pope says, "you have to stop acting like shit like this is your fault."

"I feel like I'm bringing my bad luck onto you guys though."

"Probably," JJ smiles, "but where you lack in any sort of help, you make up with your looks and money."

"Fuck off." I don't apologize again, even though I know by now that JJ's only being partially serious. I look up and see that the sun is starting to set, "should we be worried?"

As if right on cue, we hear a knock on the door, John B and Kie greeting us on the other side. "Look who's back from the dead," I laugh as John B instantly goes to down a glass of water, "what the hell happened?"

"Long... story," John B gasps between each gulp, "but I've... I've got a plan."

"Ah yes," Pope grumbles, "and the wild goose chase continues." I glance at Kie hoping to find an answer, but she only shakes her head with a shrug, about as unsure of her friends sanity as the rest of us.

"Come on," he says, ushering us out the door without answering any further questions, "I'll explain on the way." If we had anything better to do with our lives we might have complained, but instead, we climbed into the car and listened to John B's newest revelation of what his father left him. Where was this you might ask? Oh, just a super creepy graveyard that we have to break into in the dead of night.

How splendid.

At this point, I'm not even bothered to hear the reasoning behind our latest adventure, and instead steal the blunt from JJ's hands so that I could take a hit. "Hey," JJ complains and moves so that he can take it back, "get your own!" I roll my eyes as he then proceeds to offer it to Pope out of spite.

"No thanks, I keep the signal clear."

"See," I complain, "Pope doesn't even want it." I shift to grab it from him again, but he moves too quickly, leaving me empty handed and consequently on his lap.

"Comfortable," he asks and grabs me by the waist before I can move to get off. I try to ignore the shiver which runs down my body as he whispers into my ear, and I move his arm so that I can smoke through his fingers. I half expect Kie or Pope to call JJ out as I try to squirm free, but as I look up I realize they are too focused on what John B is saying to notice.

Just don't give in.

"Can you at least move the gun so it's not fucking stabbing me," I hiss, shifting my weight so that it isn't so uncomfortable. "JJ? Did you hear me? It's the least you..." I trail off as I look over and see the gun on the spare seat, my eyes shifting between the gun and JJ as I feel his grip tighten as we hit another bump.

"Don't," he mutters as I go to move again, my eyes widening as I begin to clue into what was pressing against me, "I didn't think this one through."

I cover my mouth to suppress the laughter as I watch his face blush, his eyes shifting between me and the rest of the crew to make sure that no one has said anything. "You talk a lot of shit for someone who can't handle a bit of friction. Just let me off," I tell him, but part of me doesn't want to go. And that part of me moves my hips just to feel him grip me tighter, just to feel his frustration as I test the boundaries of my own enjoyment to the situation.

I was still just delighting in his discomfort... right?

"I can't," he hisses, "it doesn't just magically go away- oh fuck me." My body jerks as we hit another bump, and his other hand flies down to steady me. I continue to lightly giggle until I hear his shallow breath in my ear, his voice makes me lightheaded as I begin to feel my heart pounding in my scull. I need to get off of him, no longer finding the situation so funny.