The Beginning

As I stepped out of my truck I hear the door shut. I stare up at my childhood house, I walk up the front steps. The door was unlocked, the car was gone so I assumed my mom was here.

My german shepherd teddy who was a 4 months old jumped on me greeting me.

"Hi buddy I missed you too" I said leaning far down to scratch behind his ear.

"Mom, you home?" I yelled. No one answered. i picked teddy up and held him like a baby. I came down from college for the summer. I was supposed to go to LA for the summer with a group of friends. But I started hearing small towns being closed down by military. As I got here I found out our town wasn't touched.

"They must be at the store" I told teddy. "Hm you probably havent been out in awhile, have you?" I said he just laid in my arms staring up at me panting. "Ruf" he barked I took that as he needs to go out.

"Come on boy, let's go outside" I said I took him to the back door and put the long leash on him and let him run around. I sat on the steps watching him.

"Buzz"

"Buzz"

"Buzz"

I took my phone out and turned it on.

It was a news article about a man eating someone. There's been reports all over. No one is taking it serious, but how I was raised I do. I looked closer at the article and it was close by. I decided I needed to know where my parents were.

I stood up "teddy let's go" I yelled he came running up and we went inside I un hooked his leash. And closed and locked the doors I dialed my mothers number.

"Hello?" My mother answere

"Mom? I'm at home, can you come home, now" I said as I turned the tv on and turned to the news station.

"We are at Logan's" she said. Logan is my uncle

"Turn the tv on and turn to the news station right now" I said in a panic.

"Honey your scarring me, turn the news on phil" she said

"Mom come home" I said

"Oh dear" she said i heard glass break and her scream then the phone call cut out and go silent.

"Mom?, Mom!" I yelled "damnit" I yelled.

I ran upstairs and got a few bags. I ran downstairs and put a bunch of food in them. My parents were always stocked up. And I knew we needed to get out of town. I grabbed water, canned food.

I ran upstairs and got into some blue Jean's with a black belt, combat boots, and a black long sleeve t-shirt. I grabbed a jacket. I ran to my dads room and got his gun, army knife and ammo. Which he had 12 boxs.

I went to the guest room and got the bag in the closet that had a box that had rope and other gear in it i stuffed it in my bag. I grabbed a box of fresh batteries and a flash light. My dad and I used to go camping and hunting. So we had a lot of gear.

I guess I was lucky like that. I put all the bags in the bed of my truck and called for teddy, I put him in the passengers side and I shut the door. I ran to the shed and grabbed two gas cans that were full of gas and three that were empty. I put them in the bed of my truck. I then ran back inside I forgot my dad rifle and my rifle. I grabbed them and the ammo, I grabbed the gun cleaning kit. I put them in the trucks bed also.

I heard teddys high pitch growl and bark I turned to see what it was I saw my neighbor, she ran out her door and was looking around. Her eyes landed on me.

"Shit" I mumbled to myself.

She ran at me "mrs kelly?" I said I started to back up I put my hand on my knife realizing I left my gun in the truck. She didnt stop or even acknowledge her name when I said it. She tackled me down trying to bite me.

She mouth bleed blood and her eyes were glazed over They were white no black puples I took the knife and stabbed her in the stomach. It did nothing besides blood spewing all over me. I got my feet under her as I held her back with my hand. I had a handful of her hair pulling her back I quickly kicked off and she fell off of me. I quickly stood up and so did she. My knife was bloody and she didnt act like she could feel it. I could hear teddy growling and barking from the truck.

She came after me again, I swung my knife and it went up threw her chin in her head. She finally fell to the floor. I started to cry remembering how she used to watch me when I was little.

I jumped in the truck and put the gun in my belt in the back. Making sure it was on safety. I put my knife in its holster on my thigh and drove off. My dog whined and layed down.

"I know boy, I feel the same way" I whispered. I was now determined to find my parents, dead or alive I will find them.