Chapter 34: The Streets Talk

Omniscient
December 31st
California

OmniscientDecember 31stCalifornia

"I been missing you." Nicki straddled Beyoncé's lap, whispering under the loud music.

They hadn't spoken since their argument but Nicki was over that. She missed her woman.

Even though Beyoncé didn't hear her, she knew what she said.

"I miss you too."

Nicki leaned onto Beyoncé more, pressing her forehead against Beyoncé's gently. "I love you so much and I'm sorry. I should've understood where you were coming from. The joke wasn't funny."

"I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have threatened you."

"I shouldn't have followed."

"We both did things we shouldn't have done. Let's just forget it." Beyoncé wrapped her arms around Nicki, holding her close.

"I didn't mean what I said."

"I hope not."

"I didn't. I love you and I'm proud of you. I'm happy to be having your baby."

She couldn't believe Nicki was actually pregnant and that she wanted to be. When Nicki told her that she wanted to have her baby, she was stunned.

"See? Told you it wouldn't take long." Gabby whispered to August as they looked over at Bey and Nicki.

Nicki grabbed the strings of Beyoncé's hoodie, pulling on them so that she couldn't even see Beyoncé's face anymore. She didn't like what it felt like without Beyoncé so she was willing to compromise and apologize. Nothing felt good without Beyoncé by her side. She'd found her other piece to the puzzle.

"I love you." Beyoncé poked her lips out of the hole and Nicki leaned down, kissing them.

"I love you too."

The song changed to Hate That I Love You by Rihanna causing a smile to spread across Nicki's face.

"This song explains us well."

"Literally." Beyoncé took the hoodie off. "It was too easy for you to come over here and apologize to me like that. I'm so obsessed with you I don't think I'll ever stay mad at you for too long. What that boy Ne-Yo say? I just can't let you go."

"What about if yo mama don't like me?" Nicki asked.

"I can make an exception for you Mama."