6

To all of you who watched Unus Annus, I hope you can watch the stream. Otherwise, just try to watch a couple of vids. Unus Annus.

Memento Mori.

Days passed as Skeppy sat in Darryl's basement. He had been given te freedom to roam around and chat online. Lots of websites were blocked by Darryl. They younger boy was uploading videos on a semi reliable schedule. Zak has already tried to sneak out. The door was locked and most likely dead bolted. Zak was currently laying on the ground.

The young boy had his eyes closed but was nowhere near sleep. He was just thinking about where he went wrong. 'If I never applied for staff, would this have ever happened?' He pondered. Zak's face showed no emotion at all.

Thinking about things like that was what got Zak through his day. He liked to imagine that Darryl didn't know that he existed. Zak loved thinking about if Bad wasn't even a YouTuber. He lived through these fantasies for hours at a time. At first, his fantasies were about escape, now they were nothing but changing the past.

As Zak sat calmly, the ever familiar footsteps came down the stairs. Skeppy opened his ruse and stared at Bad. The shorter man stared back. "Hello Zak," He began, "how are you doing?" Skeppy shrugged. "I'd like to go home or kill you... but I'll settle for this for now." Bad stepped closer to Skeppy.

"You really are something else, Geppy." He whispered huskily. Darryl places a hand firmly on Zak's thigh. "That makes me happy for when you finally call this place home." Zak shuddered and pushed Darryl's hand away. "You're a creep." He muttered.

Darryl sighed and stepped back. "Boundaries. I got it." He murmured. Emerald green eyes were locked with chocolate brown ones. "I'll be back with some food." Darryl turned away and headed back up the stairs. Each footstep caused the steps to creak.

Skeppy resumed his fantasy. He set himself on the floor and closed his eyes. He imagined himself as just an ordinary guy. No such thing as Skeppy or InvadedLands. No bald meme, no pingspoofing, not even a 14. Just Zak the college grad who played Minecraft sometimes.

He wondered what he could've done if he hadn't let his life be consumed by YouTube. He envisioned himself in countless fields. Sometimes he was a teacher, other times he was a scientist working to understand how everything came to be. Occasionally, he imagined himself as Elon Musk.

That was his favorite daydream. He imagined that he made cars that could drive without people. Zak thought about how he could've figured out how to make rockets or spaceships. Sometimes he dreamt about colonizing different planets. He would smile in those dreams. He felt happier.

The creaking steps always brought him back. He remembered where he was, who he was, and the situation he was in. He grew to hate mealtimes. He had to leave his fantasies to eat. He didn't like being in the real world. 'Why couldn't I be stuck in a dream forever?' He asked himself.

Darryl set the plate of eggs and sausage next to Zak. "Here you go!" He chirped. "Eggs and sausage. Thanks." Grumbled Zak. He took a bite of egg and ate a single sausage link before he pushed the dish back. Darryl frowned. "Zak, you need to eat more." "I don't wanna and you can't make me." Darryl let out an exasperated groan.

"You're right. You still should eat more though. You need 2000 calories a day to stay healthy." "I also need to be happy, healthy, and with people I love." Zak spat back. Darryl took a step back.

"Are you saying you don't love me?" He asked. "I'm saying I wish you were dead." Zak turned his back on Bad. The older man stared sadly at his friend. "I'm sorry Zak. This is for us."

"I don't want an us. I want to be with someone who isn't trying to cage me like a bird." Zak muttered. His voice was muffled by his arms. Darryl stood back up. He shot a loving glance at Zak before turning to the stairs. "See you later."

Zak sat silent, returning to his daydreams.